IGNORED

Those that added a fairing to the RSTD

Thnking of adding the sportech fairing to my RSTD. For those that have added one to a RSTD I have some questions.

1) Is there any noticeable difference in wind protection at interstate speeds, 70+ mph.

2) After going through the effort and expense would you recommend it or just look for another mc like the RSV.

3) I like the looks of the sporttech, but like most they only have a mounting bracket for the Roadstar. Will the roadstar bracket work with the RSTD?

And in general, those that have done it the pros and cons, tks.

Thnking of adding the sportech fairing to my RSTD. For those that have added one to a RSTD I have some questions.

1) Is there any noticeable difference in wind protection at interstate speeds, 70+ mph.

2) After going through the effort and expense would you recommend it or just look for another mc like the RSV.

3) I like the looks of the sporttech, but like most they only have a mounting bracket for the Roadstar. Will the roadstar bracket work with the RSTD?

I added a fairing this winter, but have no real comparison to before and after since I only put about 200 miles on it before.

http://inlinethumb13.webshots.com/47756/2619010430101950171S600x600Q85.jpg

Here is the link to my build. lots of info and pics:

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=56020

The Fairing that I got was for a Road Star, since the windshields were interchangeable I figured the fairings were as well, It worked.

I love it, I also like the looks better, compared to a stock Venture fairing, but that's just me,..

jfoster,I added a Hoppe faring,which I think is the only one made to fit right out of the box.The wind protection is much better,BUT,only after I fabbed a bracket to mount a set of Diamond R lowers.Without lowers,the turbulance will be terrible.Check out delphi fourms Ultrastar Forum,there is lots of info there on farings.One big advantage of a batwing over the factory Yamaha faring is ease of removal for maintenance,or summer riding.I like the Hoppe faring,its very well made,and having tunes is nice too.Now the next project is to quiet the unbaffled straight pipes so I can hear them without blasting the guys a mile behind me.Good Luck,Herb.

See thread called 2005 RSTD Ultrastar in this forum, works good, cheaper, a bit of fab bending and drilling 4 aluminum flat bars....I like it since it is quick removable so I can have a choice of naked, windshield or batwing