I think what Hipshot is saying is that we all have had some problems with the 2nd gen Venture. But that is like that with all bikes I don't care what make or brand.

I have been riding the 2nd gen Venture for almost 80,000 mile now.

My first was a 1999 and now I have a 2006.

In that time I have replaced two shocks Under warranty, Replaced two wheels under warranty because of pitting (1999)and have had one clutch basket replace on the 06 under warranty. other that that it has been general Maintainance.

WHy do you ask the question anyway?

:thumbsup:

I'm planning on buying one this spring..so I'm curious of longevity(sp ?) I dont really like the looks of the goldwing.... and really....what else is out there for a touring bike in this price range?? Besides ..I absolutly love the looks of the RSV.... the wife & I checked out the RSV and the Goldwing.... our opinion was the RSV is WWAAAYYYY more comfortable than the Goldwing...so...there it is, for what it's worth!!!

75,000 plus trouble free Kms on my 05 Midnight. Replaced the FM/CB/Aux control unit on the left handle bar (mount was cracked) and right exhaust Y (leaking) all under warranty. Other then those two things just changed the oil and tires.

Just an awesome touring bike :clap2:

How many trouble free miles have you put on your RSV???Don't be shy....Brag away!!!!:feedback::thumbsup2:

Are you referring to the scoot or the riders ? If it the riders you are referring too , without a doubt the 1st Gen'r cause the most trouble every mile ! :rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::stirthepot:

Now for the scoot , 06 flawlessly at 28,000 miles other than normal maintinence .

BEER30

How many trouble free miles have you put on your RSV???Don't be shy....Brag away!!!!:feedback::thumbsup2:

got my 2003 in 2006 with 9000 miles on. Has almost 36000 now and only had one bolt come loose, shock crapped out, windshield, and 2 sets of rear tires, one front. To me that's trouble free.

I have an 05 RSV...

At aprox 7k, I had the clicking noise in rear wheel.

I pulled it apart, greased drive shaft splines and rear hub pins.

clicking has never been heard since!!

At aproximately 36k electric fuel pump went out

(replaced under warrenty).

No other problems other than "preventive maintenance" .. and the normal replacement of tires (on my 4th set), rear brake pads (2nd set), oil & filter changes, fuel filter changed and relocated for my ease of accessability.

I really like this bike!:thumbsup2:

Guest dakotasport

Ok well i have a 05 midnight and have a little over 31,000 miles trouble freeee other then required maintanence...........Tim

I rode a 1st gen (I know, wrong thread), if I remember correctly it was a 1994, and I put over 90K miles on it. I now have an '07, just over 4K miles, no major problems...........yet??:fingers-crossed-emo

(altho, I did experience the clicking noise from the rear end at just over 1000 miles while on vacation in Lake Placid...luckily, a local dealer there was very familiar with the problem and corrected it for me)

ok. i have to ask.

what is the difference, between ,"worry free miles", and problems (large or small) "fixed under warranty"????

does worry free, mean you don't worry, 'cause warranty will fix it?

or does it mean NO problems at all?

i am confused by the question, and the answers, as well!

i did get to ride today!

WORRY FREE,'cause it my brothers scoot!

lol

just jt

bought an 07 RSV in May - (blue/black), rode it a few thousand miles then took it apart or 2 months while re-painted (added silver metal flake over the blue / chagned the black to silver / blue flake).

Rode it to Chatanooga in July.

Just turned 18,000 miles. LOVE IT!!!

btw - before this i put 70k on an 04 V* 1100 in 3 yrs.

can't go wrong with the STAR bikes...