IGNORED

LED 1157 on Ebay ?

GolfVenture

Anyone have any experiences with ebay item 280650803116.

$1.20 for a set of 2 and shipping $2.00.

2 24 LED 1157 Car Tail Brake Rear White Light Bulb Lamp

I have had no experience with these but the previous owner put one similar on my bike and I took it off. Not much light. Also someone I ride with has one similar and I could not tell her taillight was on. Ebay sells a LED for the Venture (V-Star) that is $53.09 that I am very happy with. Much brighter than stock 1157. Those look like they would be good for the front turn signals but you would have to put resisters in line to make them flash at the proper rate. I'm strange I want as much light in the back and front as I can get. I don't think you would be happy with them for the tail light but for the price it is worth the price.

I put 48 LED bulbs in mine (tail/brake) but they did not operate as dual filament bulbs. I wound up having to grind the contact points of the bulbs considerably to get them just to fit into the socket and they were either on or off only. I had to add an external flexible LED strip to gain running light feature back (tapped into the blue wire in the tail bucket)... and I also have an upper running light (LED) mounted to the trunk tied into that same circuit. Be wary of anything coming from overseas (which most of it does). It might work but it may require modification like mine did. I'm happy with my final result but it involved some effort and additional expense.

At a minimum I wouldn't use anything less than 24 LED configurations.