IGNORED

O'neil Tirade Blue Tooth Helmet

Godlover

I recently bought an O'neal Tirade bluetooth Helmet from Racers Edge in California. The bluetooth is built in so that drew me to this helmet. It uses the Blinc III system. I ordered an xxl helmet and I got an xl helmet in an xll box so I sent it back. They paid shipping. I got the second helmet the other day and went for a ride on a very windy afternoon. Here's my initial thoughts:

FIT: It is an XLL and I have a big head. Fits nice and snug and the cheek pads press a bit on the cheeks. Not too bad but perhaps with some wear I won't notice it.

NOISE: Very windy today and very little wind noise inside the helmet. I was impressed.

SINC: Very easy. I have an Android.

Phone: Called my wife and she heard me well and I heard her well. When a phone call is received it only comes through one speaker. I received a call while I was riding and the person seemed to not notice I was on a cycle. It was a telemarketer so I didn't ask her how I sounded! :)

MUSIC: I had Air1 on my phone and it played well through the speakers. I need to get some mp3 songs on my phone. I noticed the speakers plug into the charging unit so a person could easily upgrade the speakers.

CHARGING: The plug for charging is under the lining at the back of the helmet. Not real convenient. I do not know how long a charge will last. I guess it depends if you are listening to music or just using it for phone use.

OTHER: You have to learn how to use the side button to get to the menu you need. I haven't used it enough to figure it out.

INTERCOM: It does have an intercom and you can set it up for a rider. I don't have a rider so I don't need a second helmet.

Overall: Well, so far so good. For $240 shipped I was willing to take the risk. It it a sharp looking full face helmet.

If you are thinking Bluetooth you might look into this helmet.