IGNORED

RSV rake kit

Old_Salt

I have installed a Tow Pak trike kit on my "99" RSV and have momentary steering "shakes", usually when not missing a bump in the road, and am wondering if one of those rake kits would help reduce this. I have read that Harrigan makes a kit for their conversions but don't know if they would work with a Tow Pak. Does anyone know of any other suppliers of rake kits if the Harrigan kit doesn't work? Does any one have any good or bad experiences with rake kits? :puzzled::icon_smile_question:confused:

Is your front tire fairly new, or nearly worn out? When I did my trike I was told that my front tire should be replaced cause a trike frt. tire rides different than a 2wheeler. Tested it with old front and it did shake, put on new one and it was fine.

Rake kits for the RSV can be had from Steerite http://www.sidecars.ca/steerite.htm and maybe others. I forget just what mine cost but they're not cheap thou. I have this on my trike and it made a huge difference in head shake going over bumps and pot holes in the road.

You could check with Hannigan and see who does their raked trees as well.:080402gudl_prv:

Another point to consider is the steering neck bearings. They need to be tighter then what Yamaha calls for in the manuals torque setting. Steeright suggests 25 ft lbs on the stem nut.

Larry

I have the venture kit on my "99"rsv.Everything I've read on these kit's says that some shake is normal,just slow down a little and it will go away.It is a good idea to tighten the steering neck.I'm told this will help.You might also try raising your tire pressure.Also increase your shock and fork pressure to max.You have to play with it till you get it where you like it.Or at less tolerable. Good luck.