IGNORED

Windshield Mounts For Wide open Plastics Fairing

Looking for some help. I have an 05 RSTD with the quick disconnect windshield. I want to purchase the wide open plactics audio fairing and they say it uses the factory windshield mounts. After looking at the pictures on the web page they show an 05 RSTD with the fairing but the windshiled brackets are not the quick disconnect style. Does anyone know if the windshiled brackets for a 2001 RSTD will fit on the 2005 model? Any help would be great. The web page for the fairing is www.wideopencustom.com

Looking for some help. I have an 05 RSTD with the quick disconnect windshield. I want to purchase the wide open plactics audio fairing and they say it uses the factory windshield mounts. After looking at the pictures on the web page they show an 05 RSTD with the fairing but the windshiled brackets are not the quick disconnect style. Does anyone know if the windshiled brackets for a 2001 RSTD will fit on the 2005 model? Any help would be great. The web page for the fairing is www.wideopencustom.com

Wouldn't think so. I bought a set of brackets from the classifieds on here from a fellow member and modified them to fit my Memphis Shades fairing.

Looking to see if the windshield brackets from a 2001 RSTD will fit the 2005 RSTD. Purchasing a wide open custom audio fairing that uses the factory brackets but mine is the quick disconnect brackets and I need the non quick disconnect style. I have been told they will fit but just checking with others here who may have experience. Any help would be great thanks in advance.

You don't need to buy anything. I had a look at the pictures and the website info. From the description, looks likethe fairing comes with the stainless steel bracket attached to it from what I can see. That bracket attaches to the stock RSTD mount less the QD spools on top.

From the pictures the WOC SS fairing bracket attaches to the stock RSTD mounts less the Quick disconnect spools on the top (the black pieces your factory windshield hooks into) If you look at your bike you will see that the black spools unbolt-just one bolt each holds them on, then you are left with just the chrome mount (on the bike) as you see it in the gallery photos at WOC. The WOC bracket on the fairing hooks to the stock bottom mount with the spools and bolts on in to just the holes on the top RSTD mount where the black spools on top were bolted to.

To switch back to your stock windshield, unbolt the fairing at the top-one bolt each side, pull it off, bolt the top black spools back on, attached your stock windshield.

I don't think you need to buy anything but the fairing from what I can see. Confirm with WOC that they provide the SS fairing bracket pictured.

RSTDdog

Edited by RSTDdog

I mounted one on my bike. It was easy to make the fairing work. I took off the rubber mounts on the top and the fairing fit perfectly. Then I made some brackets to go from the fairing to the rubber mounts on the bottom. The brackets to mount the lower deflecters was hard to make. I had a lot of hours into them because the material was hard to cut. Here is a link to the project.

http://venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=41001

I took this fairing off my LC1500 and thats what the brackets were for.

Edited by hunter 1500

That is my problem they don't include the stainless steel brackets shown on the web page. The owner of the bike on W O C must have changed them. What I need is those brackets. I know the 2001 model came with standard windshield brackets.

Did you call them? THeir website says this:

*Quick Detach or Bolt on Fairing Brackets Included*

Not Yelling BTW, that's just the way it copied and pasted from the site (its under the picture of the bracket on the fairings fitment page). If they don't include the brackets the above statement is VERY misleading. The instructions show that they come with brackets as well. The way I read it Their bracket attaches to the existing mount on the bike (as described above). I'll send them an email with a link to this thread. Maybe someone at WOC will clear this up.

(email sent with link 10:22pm to sales@wideopencustom.com)

RSTDdog

Edited by RSTDdog
email info

I just bought one of these and am having it painted to match my 97 Classic. I did a test fit with their supplied brackets and they bolt right up to the stock windshield mount no problem. Now I just have to wait on the painter so I can finish installing the stereo and windshield. This looks to be a great fairing for the price.

I got thier Jennsen stereo and added a sirius tunner and it works great. I've had that set up since 2007 and it has worked flawlessly. When you get in the mountains you loose signal sometimes but it also has a jack for an ipod so I just turn that on. What else can I say. I love it.