IGNORED

help with 84 venture carb screws?

hey guys i need some help,i have the manual but it doesnt show or tell what i want,1st off mine is an 84 venture xvz1200 and there is one screw around the cable adjustment on the drivers left side what is it for? and then there are 2 screws in the same area on the right side,what are those? and if possible how to adjust all 3 cause until i can afford to get the carbs synced i need to adjust my idle cause it is to low and fluxuates a little to much,one of the guys here told me that there was a round screw knob around carb 2 but mine doesnt have one, so please help all u can with these 3 thnx and i have pics of the 3 i will try to add here but if not email me and i`ll send em to ya thnx troy

They charge way too much to sync them. It is very easy and you can buy a gauge set, mercury tubes or the Carbtune for probably less than they would charge you to sync them one time. Then you will have it for the future.

AND...who is this TROY that you refer to? OH....maybe YOU are Troy. :confused24:

Besides, I don't know how close you are to one of our other Florida members but many of us have the tools to sync the carbs...maybe one of the members lives close enough to help you out. We like helping folks here. :thumbsup2:

yea im troy i just didnt put a comma in there before i added a sentence sorry:) but im in st.pete if there r any other members out there close to loan me their carbtune or maybe rent with the knowledge lol let me know thnx again....troy aka beachbum

hey guys i need some help,i have the manual but it doesnt show or tell what i want,1st off mine is an 84 venture xvz1200 and there is one screw around the cable adjustment on the drivers left side what is it for? and then there are 2 screws in the same area on the right side,what are those? and if possible how to adjust all 3 cause until i can afford to get the carbs synced i need to adjust my idle cause it is to low and fluxuates a little to much,one of the guys here told me that there was a round screw knob around carb 2 but mine doesnt have one, so please help all u can with these 3 thnx and i have pics of the 3 i will try to add here but if not email me and i`ll send em to ya thnx troy

As others have said, those are the carb synch adjustments.

The idle adjustment is on the left side between the front (#2) and the rear (#1) carb. Look for a small knob. Turning the knob in increases idle, turning the knob out decreases idle.

If you do not have a carb synch tool, DO NOT turn the synch screws.

Look underneath the carb bracket on the left side, just under where it says "caution" on that label. It points straight up, is round and has a phillips slot and knurls around the outside of it. Kinda gotta get down on your knees and put your head down below the rear of the carbs. It's behind the bracket.

damn dano that looks like my bike :) anyway thnx ill look in the am first thing,im in florida and theres far to many skeeters out now to mess with ill let u guys kno if i find it,meantime is there any mobile carb syncers on here close to me? :rotf:thnx troy

Not to hijack this thread, but if you decide to buy a CarbTune, try to find a US vendor. The tool is made in England, and due to a recent terror plot involving copier toner cartridges, every thing coming from "across the pond" is closely inspected. This lenghtens the shipping time by a considerable amount.

I bought a CarbTune in Feb. and had to wait over a month for it to arrive in Virginia.

With that said, IMHO the CarbTune is definately worth the cost. Excluding warm up time, I had my '91 synched in about 10 minutes.

Ride Safe...

One of the members sent me the directions on how to make a VERY cheap and easy tool for doing a carb sync.

I am not in the least mechanically inclined and I put it together and sync'd the carbs myself!!!

yay me! :clap2:

Just 4 vacuume gages and some plumbing fixtures and tubing really.

I think it cost me about $30 all in.

If you want, PM me with your eamil and I'll send it to you

found the idle screw:confused24:man thing was buried behind that bracket and hoses,would have never found it without u guys help thnx so much,waiting to make my own carbtune but in the meantime got it running good enough for 85 on the hiway and idling good :)took it out this am for a trial spin seems good will let it rest and try again in the morning and see if its the same. thnx guys i really do appreciate the help,i`ll attempt almost anything with the right directions.see u soon im sure as this beast will need something else lol.