IGNORED

UPDATE on Mods to My Gold Wing

Tom

OK yesterday AM I get up at 0330 and head to Houston for a 3-4 hour supposedly job doing some Modifications on the Wing/\..It turned out to last all day and didnt leave Houston for Home till nearly 8PM last night arriving home around midnight. Here Is a list of what I did.

1. Progressive front springs

2. "All Balls" Head Bearings.(Didnt need YET but most Gold Wings will need to upgrade due to a front end wobble

3. Centramatic wheel balancers,front 2 and rear

4. CHROME WHEELS (Eye Candy)

5. Handlebar risers

OK,here is the report: The front end and feel is AWESOME. I was skeptical about doing the Centramatics but figured since I rode one with them and it seemed to make the older Wing ride better than mine Why Not? My result..They are a FANTASTIC product and you cannot see them when installed unless you are really looking hard for them. It almost feels like it makes the bike even more stable and yes the balancing is great to. I keep wondering if it makes more of a "GYRO" effect"? Im telling you it almost feels as if the bike would stay up by itself when you stop .(I dont know how else to explain it.) The handlebar risers are fantastic,they cost me $25.00 but it raised the bars at the end about 1 1/2 inches and seems to have pulled back about 1/2 ,3/4 of an inch. I can honestly say that I now have the most comfortable bike Ive ever ridden because of this Mod. The "Chrome Wheels"..whast else can I say..when I turn on the "Ring Of Fire"and it shines against the chrome wheels man is it a showstopper. I had people in every town pulling up beside me giving me a "Thumbs Up". All in al other than the Chrome wheels it was $500.00 .For those interested the Chrome Wheels was $700.00 installed with new bearings seals everything ready to bolt on and yes he will ship them this way so all you have to do is order wheels,put them on and send your old wheels back..IF you dont wanna go to Houston to have it done for free!

Congrats, Tom - sounds like you added some great mods there. But.......

:worthless:

I will get some pictures up after while..The chrome has burned my eyes.....OH YES,I forgot to mention,Guess who showed up at that little ordeal?..........PONCH! I was gonna call him and give him the address and I looked up and here he came riding up.I said how in the world did you find us?....He will Chime in and tell ya the "Rest Of The Story"

You can't hide from me. Tom gave me an approximate part of town where he would be and I went to Texas Cycle Chrome 'cause I knew he would end up there. Erin said there was only one person she knew of in the area who sells and installs chrome rims for Wings. She told me where he lives and I found him.

His name is Buck and he's somewhat of a legend on the 1800 Gold Wings. If you own a wing and need advice or repair, I think he's an advisor on the Gold Wing Riders Association web site.

You can't hide from me. Tom gave me an approximate part of town where he would be and I went to Texas Cycle Chrome 'cause I knew he would end up there. Erin said there was only one person she knew of in the area who sells and installs chrome rims for Wings. She told me where he lives and I found him.

His name is Buck and he's somewhat of a legend on the 1800 Gold Wings. If you own a wing and need advice or repair, I think he's an advisor on the Gold Wing Riders Association web site.

Was so Glad to see you Ponch..Thanks a million for dropping by..I was pretty tired too and I hope you got to feeling better. The Wing is awesome now..That guy was really impressed by you and your knowledge. Sure hope you two make Cody..I miss you two!

Great!!!!

What risers did you install? I understand there are currently about six diffretn riser kits on the market.

Look on wingstuff they r called shims about $25.00 bucks is all. When I get home I will post the link

Tom,

You keep going, youll have enough :mo money: in that ride to buy two of them..

Hope to ride with you some time this year....

Keep in mind thuogh, the 02 silver is faster.......and better looking...:biker:

oh wait, they all look the same........well, almost..

Great!!!!

What risers did you install? I understand there are currently about six diffretn riser kits on the market.

OK Kite..here is the ones I bought..for me it was the correct ones as now I feel like im in a big recliner.. http://wingstuff.com/pgroup_detail/322_handlebar_risers/1878_gl1800_handlebar_riser_shims/?goto=%2Fpgroup_list%2Fgl1800%2F322_goldwing_handlebar_risers%2Fdes%2F

Tom,

You keep going, youll have enough :mo money: in that ride to buy two of them..

Hope to ride with you some time this year....

Keep in mind thuogh, the 02 silver is faster.......and better looking...:biker:

oh wait, they all look the same........well, almost..

I hope you are coming to Cody..If not get over this way as soon as you can..I got lots of $$ in it right now but you only live once!

I hope you are coming to Cody..If not get over this way as soon as you can..

Sorry Tom, but I wont be riding on long trips this year...

I have a few other goals I want to reach in the near future..

( Like riding in Austrailia with my son...)

I got lots of $$ in it right now but you only live once!

I had quite a few $$ in my Venture when I had it too, but after going through that bad accident I had with it, I have a different outlook on what I really need to invest in on my bike as far as accessories. I'm not going to do all eye candy again.

My GW came with several accessories when I bought it, and I have installed a few items since, but it fits me fine the way it is and serves every purpose I need at this time.

If things go as planned, I may need a small pulll behind trailer, but then again I may not..