IGNORED

How high would gas have to go.....

Venturous Randy

As many of you have noted, the higher gas goes, the more inclined you are to take the bike rather than your truck or car to work or run errands. Let me clearify my question a little better. How high would gas prices have to go to impact your fun rides? By fun rides, I mean those times you just jump on your bike and go, without have a particular agenda, and just riding for the fun of it.

RandyA

Like I said earlier ... as long as we have the bucks, we will ride. We simply do not even consider the price of gas when it comes to taking a "fun ride". The scoot IS our entertainment and enjoyment, not to mention therapy. We spend very little on any other form of that.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As many of you have noted, the higher gas goes, the more inclined you are to take the bike rather than your truck or car to work or run errands. Let me clearify my question a little better. How high would gas prices have to go to impact your fun rides? By fun rides, I mean those times you just jump on your bike and go, without have a particular agenda, and just riding for the fun of it.

RandyA

$10 bucks a gallon wouldn't stop me. What would stop me is no gas available. Just think how much less traffic we'd have to deal with if it were $10 per. However it will never get that high. The ramifications of something like that happening would be catastrophic. But, I did buy two Diamond Backs last week.... :sign20:

Just got back from Germany and they are paying about $1.60Euros per liter which works out to $8.70 for a US gallon and $10.20 for a Canadian gallon. I was on the Autobahn and while going 100mph and higher was still getting passed by BMW's Audi's and Porches. I think thay adjusted their budgets to accommodate whatever the cost of fuel is which is probably what we'll do to.

The Autobahn was fun but you sure trash your fuel economy with those high speeds!

Rick