IGNORED

Audio experts

Dragon Rider

Need a hand...Front speakers are shot...reading all the old comments I can find it seems the ideal replacement speakers are POLK 107DB400's...Now out of production and replaced with DB401's...Looking at the 401 speaker there are only 2 "Ears" for mounting..will this hold up? Also read a comment on MTX speakers...any help on the model/part number of these speakers? I'm sort of hard of hearing to begin with and have to turn up the volume on the Interstates...Any help? Appreciate..

I'm NO audio expert but I used to have polks before those blew but mine had 4 holes for mounting... If you get one of the tabs under the radio mount and another nut on the oppisite corner your speakers will be fine... They ain't goin anyplace... Be sure to put nuts on the other 2 studs tho so your speaker grille isn't loose... Good Luck

I have a pair of Polk DB401's. They have 4 mounting tabs and mount up pretty solid. Ive had them 3 plus years and they've been wet a lot and still work good.

You should also install a set of speaker baffles while you're replacing them and have the fairing apart.

http://a248.e.akamai.net/pix.crutchfield.com/products/2007/696/h696B050311-fp.jpg

I have a pair of Polk DB401's. They have 4 mounting tabs and mount up pretty solid. Ive had them 3 plus years and they've been wet a lot and still work good.

You should also install a set of speaker baffles while you're replacing them and have the fairing apart.

http://a248.e.akamai.net/pix.crutchfield.com/products/2007/696/h696B050311-fp.jpg

Would these baffles fit over the stock speaker too?

Do you notice a big difference with and without the baffles?

Don't know what kind of material you have to mount them on, but if it's plastic like the first gens, then I would go for four tabs, so that the plastic don't crack up on you. For the speakers, 2 tabs will work fine in metal, but in plastic there won't be much body to hold the music.

i have polk401s and i also put the boom mats behind the speakers and used bass blockers

.i bought everything from cruthfield . i can really tell the differance. with the bass blockers it takes out some of the low bass that causes distortion. hope this helps