IGNORED

How do I get rid of spy-schredder?

Venturous Randy

Guest tx2sturgis
Ahhh yes, when our PC's screw up, we'll all run out and buy a MAC.... yeahsureright!

just ribbin ya.... MAC's definately are good but the interesting thing is... hardly anyone ya know has one!

Kind've like a Venture, huh?

The Mac's are not mainstream...neither is the Venture...sorry to draw this parallel, but we all have reasons for choosing an uncommon ride, and those same reasons apply to choosing a Mac.

PC's are the 'Harley' of the computing world...EVERYONE has one...EVERYONE accepts them, and you WILL have trouble with it!!!

Mac's are better. Reliable, cool looking, does everything well...just like a Venture!

:)

Guest tx2sturgis
but a mac cost like a hd and a pc cost like a venture :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot:

LOL....Oh I dunno....you can get a mac mini for around 700 or so...of course the high dollar macs are out there too!

LOL....Oh I dunno....you can get a mac mini for around 700 or so...of course the high dollar macs are out there too!

my son, works at an apple store , in the "woodlands", houston area. he told me HE sold $30,000.00, worth , on friday. by himself. says the store , typically does $400,000.oo worth between thanksgiving day, and the following monday.

gonna get me a heck of a deal on an "iMAC pro! - - - - - - - - someday!

lol

just jt

Randya Did you try Right Click on pop up's Window? ... There is option Disable Flash.. Or something like that. Other Option is to save important files and reinstall Winows OS.

I'm 100% Mac user. Swith to Mac back in '99. My First Power Mac G4 400 MHz, still works. Never did any Hardware upgrade, never install any antivirus software , and never have any virus or spy ware since 1999. Is That Amezing or What. I'll Stick with Mac.

I:bighug:MAC

I bought into all the Mac hype a few years ago. I had a friend who used one and all I ever heard was how great it was. Finally broke down and bought an IMAC...turned out to be the ugliest paperweight I've ever owned. Finally sold it on Ebay. To each his or her own but I'll take the PC any day. :confused24:

I bought into all the Mac hype a few years ago. I had a friend who used one and all I ever heard was how great it was. Finally broke down and bought an IMAC...turned out to be the ugliest paperweight I've ever owned. Finally sold it on Ebay. To each his or her own but I'll take the PC any day. :confused24:

DON! you didn't have to say that!

i was getting all "cranked up" to learn how to use a NEW machine, and now this!

lol

just jt:(

A MAC may cost a few more dollars in the beginning but is far cheaper, than a PC in the long run.

Stardog said he has a Power Mac G4 400 MHz, that is prolly 6 years old. And with out a hardware upgrade, still works. Not many PC's that can last that long with out a hardware upgrade and still have support from the manufacturer. An upgrade the OS 4 times.

Upgrade a PC to a new OS, time to buy a new PC and/or make some heavy upgrades. Then you will start to see that the PC costs more than a MAC.

But, this is not a MAC discussion. Good luck with spyware removal.

Kind've like a Venture, huh?

The Mac's are not mainstream...neither is the Venture...sorry to draw this parallel, but we all have reasons for choosing an uncommon ride, and those same reasons apply to choosing a Mac.

PC's are the 'Harley' of the computing world...EVERYONE has one...EVERYONE accepts them, and you WILL have trouble with it!!!

Mac's are better. Reliable, cool looking, does everything well...just like a Venture!

:)

Good comparison....and I'm not disputing the fact that MAC's are good.

A MAC may cost a few more dollars in the beginning but is far cheaper, than a PC in the long run.

Stardog said he has a Power Mac G4 400 MHz, that is prolly 6 years old. And with out a hardware upgrade, still works. Not many PC's that can last that long with out a hardware upgrade and still have support from the manufacturer. An upgrade the OS 4 times.

Upgrade a PC to a new OS, time to buy a new PC and/or make some heavy upgrades. Then you will start to see that the PC costs more than a MAC.

But, this is not a MAC discussion. Good luck with spyware removal.

Yes, sorry to be hijacking the thread

-but-

One might say I'm the exception to the rule but I don't think so. I've had my PC for 6 yrs. I've only upgraded 2 things... the hard drive (coz I needed more room) and the video card (coz I needed more power for certain games). Other than that, it's still rippin along, is still quite fast, and I have no plans to replace it. I chose an AMD processor instead of Intel and I am very pleased. As for the cost, the original unit (excluding monitor, keyboard, mouse) was $1074 including Windows XP pro. Some might think that a bit expensive but I had it custom built and chose a very high-end motherboard.

Working with PC's all the time, I have seen many, many systems still in use after 5 or 6 yrs and many of those have not had any upgrades. There's nothing wrong with PC's per se`... where the big problem is, is with Microsoft's operating system. One thing I have noticed though and that is that Windows XP has outlasted all other Microsoft OS's coz it's still available on new PC's and still supported and having had experience with every version including Vista, I would choose XP any day.

sorry for rambling....

Guest tx2sturgis
Yes, sorry to be hijacking the thread

There's nothing wrong with PC's per se`... where the big problem is, is with Microsoft's operating system. .

sorry for rambling....

Ya THINK!?!?!?

Yeah, I know its mostly a question of OS versus OS...windows OS versus mac OS...but its kinda hard to separate the two OS's from the hardware platform...I know that linux is also run on PC's...but not many people are running that in the consumer world...

Of course you can run windows on a mac computer, and probably run mac OS on a pc....but then you take the windows good with the bad.

I still have a couple of PC's...I just got tired of all the problems....this mac runs well without getting all the latest and greatest anti-virus (and memory-robbing!) software...

Like motorcycles....buy what you like.

This may be a convoluted idea but it's coming from my brain so that should be enuf explanation LOL.

It's my feeling that the reason the Microsoft OS is so prone to viruse's, spyware, etc, etc is because the whole bunch of them are in cahoots with each other. Microsoft, the anti-virus program companies, the developers of viruses & spyware, the developers of spyware removers, the developers of Windows "cleanup" utilities, etc, etc. They are all "connected" because they have found a way to get rich off us unsuspecting consumers. As far as I'm concerned, the whole bunch of them are the biggest organized "crime" syndicate there is and they are all ripping us off and doing it legally!

Am I the only one who thinks this way?