IGNORED

$50.00 off AVON @ Wingstuff

Kregerdoodle

Guest scarylarry

I found Jake wilson to be the cheapest of all..

Some was cheaper on one tire and higher on the other which made the total price higher..

Cool, the last tires I got from Jake Wilson, might want to check there also

I just checked with SW Moto where I got my last set and they are at $120.95 for the front and $140.95 for the rear. So if they can beat that, even with the $50.00, I'll give them a shot.

I'll let ya know what they come up with.

Mike

The rebate is from Avon, so no matter where you buy your tired from you will get the rebate of $50 for a pair. Here is the information on it.

Buy Two Avon Cobra or Venom tires in a single transaction between April 1 and May 15, 2011 and get a $50 MasterCard® Prepaid Card by mail as a rebate. Buy One Avon Cobra or Venom tire in a single transaction between April 1 and May 15, 2011 and get a $25 MasterCard® Prepaid Card by mail as a rebate. Complete details and rebate forms can be found by visiting us online at http://www.avonmoto.com/rebate.

Rick F.

Cool, the last tires I got from Jake Wilson, might want to check there also

I bought a Venom front tire approx 6 weeks ago...Jake Wilson had the best price...and the tire showed up two days after I ordered it....

Jake Wilson gets my vote!

I am another Avon Venom 150/90hb-15 owner with bad side wall cracking.

Bought the tire last July...

Mounted tire the end of September...

Put maybe 4000 miles on it...

Now I am dealing with Avon Tyres & Rocky Mountain to try to get a replacement.

The problem is that because I bought over the internet, it seems I will have to buy a replacement tire - have that mounted & the bad removed - then sendbad tire to Rocky Mountain - then hope for replacement or refund (better).

Be rest assured that if I can't be sure that my next Avon tite won't crack like the last, my replacement won't be an Avon. I'm probably getting a Elite III

JohnB

I just ordered Dunlop E3's from Rocky Mountain ATV/MC which is the same company as Jake Wilson, ordered late Sunday night, on my doorstep Wednesday afternoon. $242.98 for front and rear delivered. SWMoto was a couple bucks more I think. Quick service and they were in stock. Based on all the reading I have done here I didn't want to take a chance with some cracking Avons.

Like Condor says, I'm gonna let the dealer put them on, help the economy. Maybe next time do it myself. Getting ready for a long 4K ride, don't want to be stranded!

Brian

I just ordered Dunlop E3's from Rocky Mountain ATV/MC which is the same company as Jake Wilson, ordered late Sunday night, on my doorstep Wednesday afternoon. $242.98 for front and rear delivered. SWMoto was a couple bucks more I think. Quick service and they were in stock. Based on all the reading I have done here I didn't want to take a chance with some cracking Avons.

Like Condor says, I'm gonna let the dealer put them on, help the economy. Maybe next time do it myself. Getting ready for a long 4K ride, don't want to be stranded!

Brian

Thanks for the info BigDawg... I think you made a wise choice. To bad for Avon... the tire has good performance except for the size we use on our rear wheel.

JohnB

Just ordered a set from Jake Wilson, 259.00 free shipping and a 50 dollar rebate from Avon, I'm happy:thumbsup2: Last set had a few tiny cracks on front tire but nothing bad enough to make me worry about the tire, and I love the way Avons handle. I think maybe somone already said this but the rebate comes from Avon.

I just got my 3rd set 1st two set Cracked at about 3000 miles. DOT # on sidewall is 4510, i will check them every week Time will tell. Avon told me that my PSI should be 42 Front 48 Back. & thats what i am going to run my RSV is about 876 lbs & me 270 lbs 1146 lbs on her. i will let you know how thing go this time around.

• 1 year later...

Here is an update on my Venom... Tire was replaced by Avon... put replacement on & 11000 miles later it looked very bad with incredible sidewall cracking... Adding to that, the tire has worn unevenly... one bald spot to the core belts & good tread else where... My front Venon has 15000 on it - good tread - sidewall cracking - Argh! I'm done with Venoms. JohnB

I am another Avon Venom 150/90hb-15 owner with bad side wall cracking.

Bought the tire last July...

Mounted tire the end of September...

Put maybe 4000 miles on it...

Now I am dealing with Avon Tyres & Rocky Mountain to try to get a replacement.

The problem is that because I bought over the internet, it seems I will have to buy a replacement tire - have that mounted & the bad removed - then sendbad tire to Rocky Mountain - then hope for replacement or refund (better).

Be rest assured that if I can't be sure that my next Avon tite won't crack like the last, my replacement won't be an Avon. I'm probably getting a Elite III

JohnB