IGNORED

A "In Your Best Interest" Warning.....

BoomerCPO

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you lost something after this part of the post:whistling::080402gudl_prv:mike

Mike....To me there is a difference between "discussion" and "debate". I don't feel that I have lost anything throughout this thread....Actually I hope that some Members here benefitted from this thread.

Boomer....who sez that shooting the messenger generally pooches things up pretty good.

Believe what you will. In this Country it is known as freedom of choice.:)

Yes, but freedom of choice for whom? Only the 1%ers?

On the other hand, it does sound, from what others here have said, that they are reasonable if you give up your freedom of choice when they ask you.

I see that everyone is supposed to respect them but will they respect others? Will they respect my freedom of choice?

With all the talk about all the bullying going on in schools, now a days, you'd think that someone would be all over THESE bullies. After all isn't that, really, what they are?

Just some thoughts. Not saying that one side is right over the other. I can see both sides of the issue. Not really meant to stir the pot and get folks riled up.

"You probably won't ever run into this situation unless you are at a 1% event or 1% bar etc. If you are in a public place, even if there are 1%ers, usually they won't say anything."

YUP! It's just good ole fashon COMMON SENSE...

Just like going into rundown seedy looking bars, with motorcycles only, no cars. It's probably a gangs turf...

There use to be the Hershey bar outside of Ripley WV. It got closed down due to the violent nature of the people that hung out there. Drugs, stabbings and shootings, yup, got er shut down permanent! Good riddance!

Groups of people that don't work for a living and ride +$20,000 motorcycles is initself a SIGN! Just how do you think they make their money?

Alcohol, Drugs and gangs... why would you even want to go there?

Thanks for the heads up.

Hopefully it will diswade a curious rider from getting EdUcAtEd thru experience.:Avatars_Gee_George:

The movie WILD HOGS comes to mind for some strange reason LOL...

Edited by CaptainJoe

Thanks for the info Boomer! I think I may have started this asking about the PGR patch in another thread. I think what this whole thing means is not to put rockers on your patch, stay out of bad places, and end your rides at Dairy Queen or Starbucks. I personally have no interest in teying my luck in a biker bar! In my younger days we always went to bars where the old timers were (didn't want some drunk accusing me of making eyes at his 400lb. woman), and now I'm the old timer!

wtheck is a Hershey bar?

The name of a bar outside Ripley,WV.

The Hershey bar, was a rundown seedy looking bar with mainly motorcycle only customers.

It's was a gangs turf... Urine on the bathroom floor, nasty place...

as fas as I know there was only one of them... with an emphasis on WAS!

Edited by CaptainJoe

I'm not asking or telling anyone here to respect or honor the 1%'ers. My only intent in starting this thread was to raise awareness of their existence. Believe it or not the Outlaw gangs are growing and spreading out. If you have not been exposed to them it is only a matter of time before you will. They ride the same roads we ride, visit the same food joints we do, and get gas at the same stations we do.

Wear what you want when on your bike. Set up your vest anyway you choose. And when you finally come in contact with these dudes.... play it any way you want with them. I had hoped to offer more info on this thread....and hoped others here would add their knowledge as well. Obviously a few here think I am championing the lifestyle of the 1%'ers....and they are WRONG.

Boomer....who sez just cause you have the freedom to kick a bull in the balls does not mean there won't be a price to pay.

Maybe it's a bit different over here - bikers in the 60's wore different biker gear.

A denim cut-off was more part of rock-n-roll and pictures on the back were more likely to be heavy metal based.

If bikers wanted to have a badge on their leather jacket to show their motorbike club, it was nearly always a shoulder badge, round, about 5" diameter. Nobody laid down any rules except the people who made the badges - I suppose that was the size of their machines !

When backpatch clubs were formed, with a denim jacket, back-patch, top and bottom rocker etc, it was so clearly a different uniform (and in an American style) that anyone copying it was doing simply that and was told that they couldn't pretend to be Hells Angels or whatever. That didn't actually seem all that unreasonable because no-one would dress up in that way UNLESS they were making a statement. The exceptions would be people from Christian groups, who clearly WERE making a lifestyle statement, but one that hardly could cause confusion !

To be sure, some MC clubs tried to throw their weight around and tried to pressurise older MCC, MCRC, MCOC - 'straight clubs' to split up and sometimes they managed it and sometimes they didn't, but mostly the two worlds were completely separate.

The distinctions have blurred quite a bit since though, with groups like HOG (admittedly derided as US-wannabees by many) who wear a backpatch with rockers, but there are a lot more of them than the HA and they're getting older and trying to be more respectable. If they run a night club they want your money, bike shop and they want your custom (pun intended.

Why would I want to dress up as a Hells Angel though ? Much more likely to get pressure from the police, harder to be taken seriously at work, or to get business. It's bad enough having long hair and riding a motorbike ! If you want to associate with these people, remember that you are associating with violent people and you are an outsider. I'm not saying that they won't be good friends, but you will be walking a narrow line if any trouble breaks out. Yes, they can have some good parties, but watch your back and don't become the entertainment.

Obviously a few here think I am championing the lifestyle of the 1%'ers....and they are WRONG.

I took it for what it was worth, a warning not a championing of the lifestyle of people outside the law.

Same here. I don't think you are championing the lifestyle. I also agree that if you are on their turf (bar or whatever), you should abide by there rules. Out on the open road is a different story, however. It should also be pointed out that while most of them are criminal, they are usually quick to help a stranded motorist, especially another biker, so long as they're not a rival mouseketeer.

"Not all are criminal."

The ones that would have you take off your vest or threaten to beat or kill you ARE...

The 1%'s that are the law abiding folks are just like us fellow motorcycle riders. They just dislike the AMA. Too many rules...

Not sure how many would be in this category...

Would be interesting to find out...

I'm not asking or telling anyone here to respect or honor the 1%'ers.

Yes you are and thanks for putting the knowledge in our heads. :thumbsup2: :Bunny:

Obviously a few here think I am championing the lifestyle of the 1%'ers....and they are WRONG.

Totally don't think you are either, my friend.

I'll stop there as anything else I have written or would write here, I fear, would push this over the line of a political discussion. :whistling:

Could be just following rules of their club. If they didn't follow rules wouldn't be able to exist.

to threaten to beat or kill you is against the law. assult/battery/murder...

I personally would not belong to any club whos rules knowingly broke the laws of this great country as that would place me outside the law.

Or, for that fact, even hang around someone that did...

So, in conclusion, I'm gonna have to pull a GIBVEL... LOL

I'll stop there as anything else I have written or would write here, I fear, would push this over the line of a political discussion. :whistling:

For what it's worth... This may answer some of the questions concerning the 3 piece "colours" and the 1%ers.

http://vnvmc-lvmc.muddywolf.net/patch.html

The designation as an "outlaw" club being any club that wears a 3 piece patch is primarily a Federal law enforcement designation. In fact, usingt the 3 piece patch designator, the Blue Knights, a Law Enforcement MC Club earned the destinction of being an outlaw club.

And, while all things change, originally, the 1% patch referred to the individual wearing the patch, and not the entire club.

Could be just following rules of their club. If they didn't follow rules wouldn't be able to exist.

to threaten to beat or kill you is against the law. assult/battery/murder...

I personally would not belong to any club whos rules knowingly broke the laws of this great country as that would place me outside the law.

Or, for that fact, even hang around someone that did...

So, in conclusion, I'm gonna have to pull a GIBVEL... LOL

please dont tell me you've never broken a law or two. Just in this group alone it happens often. Espasecially if you get a 1st gen and a 2nd gen around each other. We reguylarly extend our speed well beyond the limit. Its not a club rule but it happens all the time. Does that put you outside the law? In my opinion it does.

Now Im not trying to start an arguement. Im one of the ones who removed his vest when asked. Respect, fear, call it what you want I was in a 1% baar and really didnt want to push the envelope to see. And no I wasnt threatend. I was asked politely.

David

I for one have found this to be one of the best General Interest threads I have read in a long time.

Profound information of grave importance.

Going to Tyler TX in April at a rally to benefit Wounded Warriors at a place called Scooter Petes. May meet some 1%ers

Here in San Antonio TX our local 1%er's was awarded a special award by our mayor for the humanitarian help to the community, the Bandito's. Go figure.:confused24:

Rick A.

I even know that CMA ers were ask to remove there vest and did!

Also any percentage % patch is also an insult. They live by the 1% patch lifestyle. My vote is to live!

Just as a note, we lost our monthly get together in Dalton because of outlaw gang fight with an other gang. They never ride alone and are very prevalent in Ga.