IGNORED

Tires and oil prices

Kirby

Ok guys, if you need a new rear tire, or are going to need a new tire in the near future you better get it ordered. As I have stated many times before, I always check with Motorcyclesuperstore first when thinking about ordering something. Well, today I got an email about a sale they were having on tires so I thought well maybe I'd get a better deal than the last(which was pretty good 130.99, I thought) which was an E3 rear for Biggal. To my surprise the sale price was 141.99!!! I thought this had to be a mistake so I called them up and they confirmed that price. When asked if I wanted to order I said no. Hung up the phone and checked Jake Wilson and they have the same tire for 130.99. So I guess the oil prices are beginning to affect everything else. Like I said, if you need or gonna need a new tire soon Jake Wilson has the best deal right now. They may even be higher in a few days!!!!!

Guys i Had New Avons put on & at 2000 miles Side wall cracking Bad, Tire Rep. replace them at no cost. New ones at 4000 miles crack two Bad on one side 150 cracks psi f- 38 B- 42 Rep. will be here in 8 days to look at them, That do you Guys Think

Guys i Had New Avons put on & at 2000 miles Side wall cracking Bad, Tire Rep. replace them at no cost. New ones at 4000 miles crack two Bad on one side 150 cracks psi f- 38 B- 42 Rep. will be here in 8 days to look at them, That do you Guys Think

Assuming your tire date stamp is 2010 sometime, apparently Avon has not fixed the defect in their manufacturing process. Avon has had a lot of crack defects for quite sometime. I would recommend checking to see if your dealer would change the brand to something else when they replace them. Your Avon track record is 100% failure rate. I would try to get replacement Dunlop E3s instead. Just my :2cents:.

Can you post pictures of the craking Avon tire. I have a set that has dates

4308 for the front Avon Venom AM41 150/80HB-16

4309 for the rear Avon Venom AM42 150/90HB-15

Dennis Kirk Total $252.98 July 26, 2010

Mounted on August 01

have a little over 6400 miles on them.

No apparent cracks!

Pictures of yours would be great.

They replaced one of mine twice before getting one that didn't crack. The third one was a charm....

:cody

I had the same warning when pricing my new tires for the Durango. I was told by three dealers Do Not Wait untill April. One told me (I know him well) he is expecting double prices April 1st on tires. :think: So I guess this weekend Ill be buying new tires for the Durango. Also our quick change oil change place is going up $10.00 per oil change. The $29.95 Valvoline 5 qt change will be $39.95 effective now I guess.

Yah!! Need a new one on the front of the trike very soon! Gonna try a rear tire mounted backwards on the front. Saw Continental has the needed size in whitewall, and last fall they were around $150. probably up to $160 or more by now.

You are right, and it's only gonna get worse this summer...:doh: