IGNORED

Changing 2nd Gen Speakers

Cougar

WOO HOO, I figgered it out. :banana: I decided to remove all the additions I had made (i.e. amp and amp wiring) and take evrything back to stock (cept the speakers). While I was removing the wiring from the front speakers back to the amp I noticed a flat spot on the wires where the harness went under the Diamon R driver back rest. I further noticed that the insulation had been rubbed from two of the four wires. When I originally wired the amp I ran the harness under the backrest bracket and made sure it wasn't binding. What I didn't realize is that every time I leaned back on the backrest it would bind the wiring harness. That would explain the static and noise at first only when I throttled up. Anywho, I have a new amp on the way and new wiring harnesses. This time I know what not to do as far as where to run the wires. As usual, thanks to everyone who helped me brainstorm the situation.

Semper Fi,

Jerry

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 years later...

You guys/gals have a great amount of material and someone stated they added info to their favorites . How exactly do I do this?.

Crutchfield still has both listed. They may just be selling out the existing stock of the 400 though. The difference appears to be the power rating. 105 peak for the 400s and 135 peak for the 401s. RMS tops at at 35 for the 400s and 45 for the 401s. I actually think that the 400 model will be better for our bikes AND they are $30.00 cheaper than the 401s.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys and gals! Have you ever upgraded your speakers to other size speakers? Let me know! I have pioneer speakers now! I am not happy at all! We made enormous musci for electra glide ultra classic with alpine mrx v60 amp The only problem is HD electra glide has huge speakes in stock and our Venture is not!

That is why i will be the first in the world (definitely the first in Russia) who will make this! There are no any troubles with rear speakers, we will make new places for the rear speakers. Front speakers, that is the question! There are no free space at all in the fairing! How i should update it i dont know yet!http://images01.olx.ru/ui/9/24/76/1290440787_140561876_5--Yamaha-Royal-Star-Venture-XVZ-1300---1290440787.jpg http://images01.olx.ru/ui/9/24/76/1290440787_140561876_4--Yamaha-Royal-Star-Venture-XVZ-1300--1290440787.jpg http://images04.olx.ru/ui/9/24/76/1290440787_140561876_8--Yamaha-Royal-Star-Venture-XVZ-1300--1290440787.jpg I will make smth like this with the rear How could we improve the quality of the front????

Edited by 666blondin