IGNORED

Loss of half my engine

I am at a loss. I seem to be missing both cylinders on the left side. When I crank my bike (05 Midnight Venture) the right side heats up but the left side doesn't. I have tried replacing the spark plugs but that didn't work. Any suggestions would be very helpful as I am at the end of my rope!

Mike:confused24:

Gunboat just had issues with the new '99 trike he bought as #3 Cylinder wasn't firing. Turned out to be the ignitor box was bad on that cylinder, might want to check into that. Also too did you check the caps to make sure there was no corrosion in them? It's possible that 2 coils went out, but that is kinda unlikely. You can do a resistance test on the coils to verify they are good.

Possibly dirty/corroded plug caps. You can take them apart and clean them. When you unscrew them from the wire check the resistance of each cap. The resistance should be right around 10K ohms.

If you find them much different there's a thread around here about taking them apart and cleaning them. There are some small parts so do it over something that will keep them in one spot.

One thing you DO NOT want to do is clean the little resistor in them though. If you take anything even slightly rough to the ends of the resistor (small white ceramic thing in the cap) then the resistor will be toast.

Here's a link for a "how to" by V7Goose:

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showpost.php?p=389860&postcount=13

Guest Slab_Ryder

Fuel Pump dude. Going through same thing myself now. Right side rear cylinder is gravity fed. Take the left side cover off and tap the fuel pump with a rubber mallet. It may spring to life, as mine did.