IGNORED

lift review

22lyons

decided to get a lift for my 2000RSV. thought i would try the new tractor supply and buy the big red 1500lb lift for 119.00. lift seemed ok but noticed the welds on the locking mech were bad and was bent too. I had them order a new one and it came back just as bad. needless to say i returned it and went to sears to look at the craftsman 1500 for the same price. I had them open the box so i could compare before i took it home. The craftsman lift seemed far superior in most ways--foot pedal release, spring loaded locking mech, attacheable T-handle to move were a couple. **best news it was on sale for 99.00. guess now it is time to get a lift adapter or takle making one myslef.

I like my craftsman lift also , :dancefool:i have had it for 5 years now and no problems with it , i really like the foot release on it the last one i had you had to reach down to release it :bang head: what a pain that was as your trying to keep the bike ballanced.

i was really suprised by the poor welding on the "big red" lift. I told them it was my first purchase at their store and was not impressed. they didn't seem to be very concerned.

craftsman came with wratchet straps too!

I looked at the Big Red lift at TS also. I never thought I'd say it but the HF lift, the yellow one, was better quality.

I've had a couple friends that have bought the Craftman lifts. Both had problems with the release breaking on them. Craftman was of little help as the lifts were not covered under their lifetime warrenty.

And no replacement parts were available. That's not right.

I looked at the Big Red lift at TS also. I never thought I'd say it but the HF lift, the yellow one, was better quality.

I've had a couple friends that have bought the Craftman lifts. Both had problems with the release breaking on them. Craftman was of little help as the lifts were not covered under their lifetime warrenty.

And no replacement parts were available. That's not right.

What do you mean that the release broke on them? What actually happened? Maybe I might oughta watch out for something failing on mine. Just want to know what to watch out for.

I haven't had any problems, so I haven't researched replacement parts yet. Ida thunk that you could get parts for any tool that Sears sells. I could always find parts for my drills, saws, etc.

Maybe I oughta research my lift.:detective:

Thanks for your input Snaggletooth.

Rusty

:mustache:Sears doesn't "make" anything. They tell the manufacturer to put on a different color paint,a label here and there, maybe change the wheels. I work in a lawnmower factory. There are very few differences between Poulan, Craftsman, Husqvarna, Jonesred, Weedeater, or Partner, just to name a few. They all come down the same assembly line. Powder coated painting covers a lot!!! JFYI

Sears makes (or sells) two different versions of MC/ATV lifts. The red one is OK with OK reviews. The yellow one is more expensive, but has great reviews and works really well (I have a yellow one). I also suggest getting the CarbonOne lift adapter with legs. Best money you will spend.

RR

:mustache:Sears doesn't "make" anything. They tell the manufacturer to put on a different color paint,a label here and there, maybe change the wheels. I work in a lawnmower factory. There are very few differences between Poulan, Craftsman, Husqvarna, Jonesred, Weedeater, or Partner, just to name a few. They all come down the same assembly line. Powder coated painting covers a lot!!! JFYI

I musta missed something in the posts.:think:

I didn't see where anyone stated that Sears "made" their lift.:stickpoke:

I think we all know that stuff is sold, but not made by Sears.

But I agree, powder coatings and paints cover up a lot of what's underneath.

That's why we ask about stuff others on here have tried. That's the best and most honest way of getting a review of something...ask your friends what they use.

And honor their opinions. They won't steer you wrong.

Ride on.

Rusty