IGNORED

New dash finished

SMSgt

I put Ponch gauges in my 03 and like it so much but something was missing......some sort of electric monitor. I chose a Kury volt meter and put it in the space where the Cruise switch was. I mountedthe Cruise in the top of the gas tank cover (see pic). attachment.php?attachmentid=54630&stc=1&d=1299643061

So let me know what you think.

Thanks

Kent

Kent:

Great minds think alike?!?!?!?

I just posted pics of my similar project. Hopefully this will link to it.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=57290

What did you use for the cruise switch? I wanted to eliminate it entirely, but didn't figure out if it could be wired that way successfully, so I surrendered and mounted the original cruise button the same place as you put yours. Anyway, we used different voltmeters and different cruise switches, but sure were thinking on the same lines. Nice job.

Here is a quick drawing of how I wired the cruise button. The cruise switch in inside the fairing. I couldn't see any reason to put drill a hole and mount it. It is always on so I just push the button and the cruise is activated. It will remain on until I turn the key off.

You probably wouldn't have to use the switch if you wanted to just put the Brown/red and red/blue wires combined with whatever wire you were using to relocate your cruise activation button. The third wire yellow/black just attaches to whatever wire you are using to return the signal from the push button back to the cruise circuit in the fairing.

I hope this makes sense.:fingers-crossed-emo

It looks great, you did a nice job......but you might miss the use of that fantastic cassette player !!!!!!!!

Yeah I thought about that tape player long and hard. Then I realized that I didn't have any tape to use in it so it was gone as fast as my hard earned money at tax time.:mo money::mo money::mo money: This is the government throwing my hard earned money away. I think it's about time Obama gave me a bail out. After all I am a nice guy and could use a little more money. But that's another thread.:rotf: