IGNORED

Choke Chrome Cover "Inexpensive"

If you are looking for a very inexpensive way to chrome your Choke this could be the answer. They want around 30.00 to 40.00 for a chrome piece that covers the existing choke knob. I wanted to get around that cost so I started to look for a plastic chrome bolt cover that would fit on the existing choke knob. It needed to be 5/8 inch in diameter. They have them at several auto parts stores, napa, petboys,walmart and etc. I then took double sided 3M brand tape and cut a perfect round piece to fit on the back of the plastic chrome cover. I slightly angled the back of the scotch tape that presses on the existing choke knob. This way you can not see any of the tape and only the nice chrome piece. I then pressed it on the existing choke knob. I really like this better than buying the type that you have to connect to the choke knob with screws and etc. Its easy to remove if later you wish to remove it and your right back to stock. It also saves on fuel do to the weight difference!! ha ha :rotf:Hope that this helps someone who is poor like me. Not everyone can affort REAL CHROME!!! :stickinouttounge: DanC:cool10:

The tape is 3M two sided tape, not regular scotch tape, needed to carify the tape used, and it will stay forever until you "really" want it off and then it will take some effort!!! If you do need to remove it for some reason I would recommend useing GOO GONE, or GOOF OFF to help remove all the sticky material from the Choke knob,.

Edited by DanC
additional info

I'll attest to that! If you can get some 3M adhesive promoter to clean the area with, wow, that tape REALLY sticks hard and fast.. the chemicals make the tape even that more super sticky, etc.. I had never bothered using it before, thinking it was just like alcohol cleaner but it was explained to me what it actually was.. and wow..

You can find them in small envelop packets at some auto body shops etc..

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for the post, the safety chrome is attached. 4 in the pack for $2.99. If it falls off we can alwys go to plan "B" to attach a new one!:thumbsup2:
Glad to hear the post helped. If you put the safety chrome on with the 3m tape it "WILL NOT" come off. Just rode for a week at Daytona bike week and was up running 80 several times on the interstate to keep up with traffic. Tape held like I knew it would.:cool10: DanC

• 2 weeks later...