IGNORED

Has anyone got.......

Black Owl

any blank note cards they would be willing to donate.

I asked Grey Ghost for a list of items which he thought would be appreciated by the members serving in the Middle East.

One of the items he recommended was blank general usage cards that they can write a short message in to send out to friends and family.

I have contacted Hallmark to see if we can make a bulk purchase at cost. I am also going to contact Leaning Tree with a similar request.

In the meanwhile, if you are like me (perish the thought) you are probably being bombarded with requests from every imaginable charitable group in the country. Well, in a lot of the solicitations I get, they include a stack of cards and note pads. So, I was thinking (and that is where I start getting into trouble) that if any of the members here had some of those cards that they would like to donate to a good cause, maybe you could just send them to me and I can include them in the packages we are putting together.

If you can help, it would be greatly appreciated........

Hey Russ... maybe I can help here... If you don't mind me bragging on my wife.

My wonderful wife Amber has made it a project to do just what you are talking about... except she sends over handmade cards - blank on the inside- for our troops to send back home. We even sent a box to Cliff while he was in the sandbox. To date she has sent nearly 16000 (YES, THATS 16 THOUSAND) cards and envelopes to our men and women overseas... if you have any names and addresses of troops that could use some cards to share with their units, I'm sure she'd be happy to send a box their way... if any of our members here want to participate in helping with her endeavor, she accepts donations on her paypal for supplies, postage and things like that.. We just recently bought 12000 envelopes to package along with the cards...