IGNORED

It's official! I'm an idiot!

ken

Darn'et, The Kill switch, you moron. The sweat on my brow drys as we roll down the road.

Now for the real question....

Did you manage to get through all this looking cool and calm on the outside so no one around you or on back was any the WISER???:confused24:

Been there Done that too, Scooter Bob

Edited by Scooter Bob

Now for the real question....

Did you manage to get through all this looking cool and calm on the outside so no one aroud you or on back was any the WISER???:confused24:

Been there Done that too, Scooter Bob

I've never had to do that at the gas pumps,,,mind you I look cool no matter what you might think I look like,,,,, but that on the side,,,,, I always manged to push the scoot over to a parking spot before I had that look on my face!!!!

Hi, my name is Nico and I'm an idiot (hi Nico). It been two weeks since my last idiototic episode. (pause) It's tough, you know. I see knives and chainsaws and bowling balls and I want to juggle them. But the I remember what happens when I start down that road: next I'm in my socks, standing in a puddle using a drill with a frayed chord. Then one day I wake up at the bottom of a ladder I was standing on the very top of to reach that last Christmas light with a huge headache.

We are all idiots, the question is can we admit to it?

Welcome to the "Idiot's Club" ... I've been a member for a while now and I'm thinking the odds are I'll be renewing my membership sometime in the future.

My most recent membership renewal was when I changed the oil filter for the first time on my RSV. It was on so tight I couldn't get it loos nohow so, I drilled a hole through it, stuck a pry bar thru the hole and twisted it loose.

Great, got the new filter on and fresh oil in and I'm now draining the old oil into a jug and I notice all these METAL FILINGS in the bottom of the drain pan. Now keep in mind, I just bought this bike and it only had 1300 kilometers on it. I FREAKED! ... I'm sure you can imagine what was going through my head at the time .......

And then it struck me! ... the filings were from drilling the oil filter!!! :bang head: :doh:

I changed the oil filter for the first time on my RSV. It was on so tight I couldn't get it loos nohow so, I drilled a hole through it, stuck a pry bar thru the hole and twisted it loose.

Great, got the new filter on and fresh oil in and I'm now draining the old oil into a jug and I notice all these METAL FILINGS in the bottom of the drain pan. Now keep in mind, I just bought this bike and it only had 1300 kilometers on it. I FREAKED! ... I'm sure you can imagine what was going through my head at the time .......

And then it struck me! ... the filings were from drilling the oil filter!!! :bang head: :doh:

Since we all learn from our mistakes and others(hopefully), The next time that happens, instead of drilling,:scratchchin: you can usually just hammer a big screwdriver through it.

Later, Scooter Bob

To each their own, but I feel just the opposite. The possibility with taking off with the sidestand down and the possibility of hitting the start button with the bike in gear and the clutch out when on the sidestand far outweigh any advantage I could think of with what you say. In fact, probably 95% of the time, I use putting the sidestand down as the way to kill the engine when riding.

RandyA

Well, since I own several bikes and only one of them was designed to kill the engine with the sidestand, or even have a warning, the display alarm alone is a lot more than I am used to. If the sidestand kill feature worked on my Venture, I would probably get so used to it that I would ride off with the sidestand down on one of my other bikes!

BTW, I hated that feature that the engine would die when the sidestand was down, but like you say, to each his own.

BTW, if your engine ever dies while riding, be sure to check the sidestand switch! Since they are on separate wires and switch contacts for the display and engine kill, it's possible to NOT get any alarm on the display when the side stand switch kills the engine.

I remember reading about this problem in Venture Road Magazine back in the 1980's. That was when I decided to bypass mine, but leave the warning working.

-Don- in rainy SSF, CA