IGNORED

Very nice LIGHT GLOVES

rumboogy

I know most of the discussions on here are regarding WARM gloves, but I bought a pair of gloves about 6 years ago at a rally. They are short soft leather gloves...and I love the gloves. But I have tried to find them online to no avail.

I went to one of my local bike shops (Drasco Trading Post) and found a pair almost like the ones that I bought 6 years prior. They are Deerskin Gloves made by the NAPA Glove Co.

These gloves are very well made and have a soft inner liner. They are very soft and extremely comfortable gloves, and I just wanted to take the time to recommend them to anyone that is looking for a LIGHTWEIGHT, SOFT LEATHER glove...you won't be disappointed with these (or the price).

Here's a link...

http://ridefashion.com/pgroup_detail/30641_Napa_Driver_Style_Deerskin_Motorcycle_Glove

Just an FYI, I don't like the fingerless gloves....if and when I wear gloves, I prefer to glove the entire hand.

Wally

Wally,

Deer skin, unlined,, look into Lee Parks.

http://www.leeparksdesign.com/catalog_items.asp?pagenum=1&uTotalRecords=&uLimitPartName=&uLimitPartNumber=&cat=530-3637&imgview=y

I have bought them at the IMS. The "tour" size is about $85. THEY ARE GREAT.

They have tour length and gauntlet. They also carry "outseam" stitch.

I also stopped by Fox Creek Leather in Independence, VA. They stock them and were a few bucks (no pun) cheaper. http://www.foxcreekleather.com/67-lee-parks-motorcycle-gloves/127-deertours-motorcycle-gloves

I have the tan color and black (one for each bike). Or I can mix & match so I know left from right!!!!

I like the tan but they do tend to get stained. The black probably won't.

Anyhow, really good gloves for everything but winter.

Mike G in SC

Mike thanks...I'll take a look at those...I hope others post what they use.

I might be in your neck of the woods (Charleston and Beaufort) in Mid March on the bike (Weather willing)...I'm gonna make a loop from Arkansas to Chesapeake, VA then down to Charleston (used to live there) and then on down to Beaufort (stationed there)...then back to Arkansas...all in 5.5 days. :shock3:

Wally,

Does the inner cotton liner stay in place when you take them off?

I guess I've not owned really quality lined leather gloves because I have several pairs from differents mfg'ers, all stating they're "motorcycle" gloves, and it's a challenge to remove them without the liner sticking to my fingers.

Or maybe I need to know the trick to getting the liners back in place like when the glove is new, lol. After I wear a lined leather glove a few times, I feel like OJ Simpson in front of Judge Ito.

My son gave me a pair of Air Force Mechanics gloves for summer riding. Lost them when I had accident. Woven kevliar (spelling) A lot like the mechanic gloves you see everywhere but solid black and just felt better.

:sign yeah that:I loved my Mil issue Nomex Flight gloves- very thin deer hide on palm and finger bottoms, stretchy nomex top. Fit like a glove-no pun-fit like second skin, and nimble enough to work small screws, etc. Not sure where to get them any more though.

• 11 months later...

Yea and is there something wrong with military green???? :stirthepot:

I managed to get off with a few pairs of those when I retired. We usually just rolled the excess down so they were'nt so long. Winter time we put those inside a full leather glove. Worked pretty good. Most of the pairs I had when I got out I wore holes in the finger tips as the leather is pretty thin. I have seen the same glove called a "tank driver" or something glove. Looks teh same but probably the Mil Spec is a bit different, but we wouldnt know. I have some fingerless gloves I wear most of the time, but also some mechanix wear gloves that are of the heavier material more like a lined glove than the "standard". I also bought a pair of "water proof" gauntlet gloves that are suposed to be more of a winter type glove and water proof. Well I proved that wrong last year going to Daytona. It raind so @#%1 hard I poured water out of them at one stop. Well I guess they were'nt all wrong, it held the water in.:confused24: