IGNORED

WTB .. Anyone got a pair of Khromewerks muffs?

SilvrT

Probably a wasted request but what the hey... thought I'd give it a shot anywayz

Maybe someone out there has a pair collecting dust somewhere ... either that or maybe decided to switch back to stock or another brand .... if you wanna find a new home for those Khromewerks, gimme a shout.

I tried the Harley pipes after I took off the Khromewerks and they weren't nearly as loud. But I think I'm getting old, I want it as quiet as I can get it now. Back to stock for me.

You're sayin the RK's weren't nearly as loud as the KW's?? ... did the RK's have the baffles removed?

I got the RK's with the baffles removed .... they're ok but get a bit annoying on a long trip coz most of our riding around here involves pullin a lot of hills so you're cranking it on a lot.

Definitely louder but not obnoxious. I went from RK's to Kromewerks & love the sound. The RK's had the baffles drilled out & still just not enough for me.

Ya, I think it has a lot to do with the "sound" versus the loudness. I was able to listen to them and others on a link in the "other" venture site and compared to the RK's, I like the sound of the Khromewerks better.

In any event, I got a pair coming, thanks to 01 Rider. Worse case is if I don't like 'em, I can probably re-sell them or maybe even trade 'em.

To me, the stock RKs were not much louder than the OEM mufflers.

Agree, the only time you noticed the difference, was when you were on the throttle. My were not drilled out

So are the Khromeworks louder than Bubs ? I like the Bubs and any louder I think it could get annoying.

Brad

Agree, the only time you noticed the difference, was when you were on the throttle. My were not drilled out

So are the Khromeworks louder than Bubs ? I like the Bubs and any louder I think it could get annoying.

Brad

here's a link that will give you an idea...

http://www.venturers.org/Tech_Library/index.php?action=article&cat_id=002009&id=285

Brad

To me, the Bubs are louder and tinner than the Khromewerks.

Khromewerks have a more base sound to them.

In fact, repacking my Khromewerks, have 90,000 on this set.

Is there instructions somewhere for repacking the Khromewerks ?

Nope, the lady told me on the phone (called Khromewerks), use a heat gun to soften the glue on end going to the header pipes, then unscrew that end and remove the baffle.

Doesn't seem to bad. Will let you know how it goes.

here's a link that will give you an idea...

Was not a direct link but I found it. I bet those will be quite loud when you get on them. I think they are louder than the Bubs, which are louder than the RK's

Nice sound though

Brad