IGNORED

wingstuff.com

royalstar09

Bought the HS-8154B OF and the cords are plenty long. $65.99 each

I have the same set. They work fairly well but I do find that the mic picks up some wind noise.

I got mine direct from J&M ... think I paid just under $100 about a year ago so that price on wingstuff is a real deal!!

when you order these do you need the lower cord also or not?i have nothing on my bike but the factory plug.

No sir that "kit" has everyting you need. Plug and play 100%

Ordered: 2 Shipped: 2 JMHS8154BOF JM Goldwing Helmet Headset HS8154B Open/Full w/1Pc Cord JM HS8154B Open Face Headset w/1pc Cord $65.99 Ship Date:

I've always had Great service with Wingstuff. When we ordered Becky's helmet years ago, we exchanged 3 helmets until we got one that fit her comfortably. They paid shipping both ways until she finally settled on one that worked for her. I have made many other orders with them and as always, fast service, great customer service. Only long wait on getting an order was because the manufacturer dropped the ball, but Wingstuff always kept us informed.

+1 for Wingstuff.com

BEER30

I knew if i waited long enough, i'd find the answer to my questions. I was totally looking in the wrong places. I couldn't even find the cord to hook to the bike for that price. Thanks

Is there anything else that is recommended for setting this up for the first time?

Steve

my buddy rides a GW and uses wingstuff quite a bit, and I just ordered the J&M's the other day at 69.99 each, haven't used them yet, as we are getting ready to go to MI for a visit with mom (89 years young last Saturday)...anyway, he said if you join the club you get 10% off and if you are military/retired you get another 10% on top of the other discount..they are actually just up the road from me about 40 minutes, someday I'll make the ride and check out their store..if'n you like saving money that is....

:mo money:

Is there anything else that is recommended for setting this up for the first time?

Steve

Make sure you use the little rubber spacers for the mic mount and tighten them screws down real good. Other than that, ensure the speakers are stuck in good.

SilvrT

Thanks for the info. I'll keep that in mind. I've been secretly jealous for years of those that get to talk while riding, but never wanted to spend the money, and now that my bike is set up that way, I can't wait to give it a try on my own.

Be sure to read through the operators manual as the headsets have seperate volume control and they have to be "told" to put the sound through them instead of the bikes speakers. Just as easy as pushing a button or two. Manual shows you all about it :080402gudl_prv:

Be sure to read through the operators manual as the headsets have seperate volume control and they have to be "told" to put the sound through them instead of the bikes speakers. Just as easy as pushing a button or two. Manual shows you all about it :080402gudl_prv:

I'm not sure if I would have thought of that or not. Thanks. I did pull out the manual when i got the bike, cause i was sure that them back speakers actually should work, but the dealer told me they were only for looks. lol Spent a fair amount of time trying to figure that out.

I'm not real big into all the chrome, yet, but I'd sure like to get the things working that are already there.

I'm not sure if I would have thought of that or not. Thanks. I did pull out the manual when i got the bike, cause i was sure that them back speakers actually should work, but the dealer told me they were only for looks. lol Spent a fair amount of time trying to figure that out.

I'm not real big into all the chrome, yet, but I'd sure like to get the things working that are already there.

Yep yep pending something being unhooked or broke the setting may be on front speakers. Their is a setting that allows front or rear or both. Could be a simple setting adjustment. It all happens from the control on the left side by the grip.

Also your rear passenger, according to the great folks here, will love you for checking out this little modification. My cable ir ordered to do this to our bike. http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=18565&highlight=passenger+headset+plug

Edited by royalstar09