IGNORED

Need a Kuhmo tire

CaptainJoe

Four questions.

Where's the best place to get one?

What size do I need? 2007 second gen.

Whats the best MC front tire to use with the Kumho? (I like the dunlop 404) or will the dunlop elite II or III going to get me that much better milage?

I have 3/16 tread left on the Dunlop 404 rear and 5/32 on a Dunlop 404 front. Am heading to Florida in April to watch the launch... about a 3000 mi ride down and back...

So don't think they are gonna make it the whole way...

Four questions.

Whats the best MC front tire to use with the Kumho? (I like the dunlop 404) or will the dunlop elite II or III going to get me that much better milage?

I have 3/16 tread left on the Dunlop 404 rear and 5/32 on a Dunlop 404 front. Am heading to Florida in April to watch the launch... about a 3000 mi ride down and back...

Don't mean to hi jack the thread but what launch are you going to see. I believe the Shuttle is to be launched in February?

BOO

Four questions.

I"ve got a 155/80/15 BFG Radial TA on mine. Discount tire ordered and mounted it for me.

There are:

BFG

Kumho

Nexen

vredstein

Federal

Classic

in that range.

I was kinda leaning toward the Kumhos as they look like they have the roundest profile of all, at least from the pics.

Do you guys find you have problems with raised patches or groves that run parallel with the bike?

TSIGWING, whats your front tire?

I would stay away from the Nexen...a few here have had them blow up during mounting, seams the side walls are thinner..

There are:

BFG

Kumho

Nexen

vredstein

Federal

Classic

in that range.

I was kinda leaning toward the Kumhos as they look like they have the roundest profile of all, at least from the pics.

Do you guys find you have problems with raised patches or groves that run parallel with the bike?

TSIGWING, whats your front tire?

captainjoe, do a search for some of my posts on the Kumho that I run. My bike will never have any other tire on the back of it.

And to answer your question directly... I aim at tar snakes just to see what will happen and so far nothing has. And when I first came up on a grooved section of road I really tensed up but... nothing. Basically, it's been no negatives for me (other than some negative attitudes) but plenty of positives.

Edit: You asked about a front tire. The Darksiders tend to have the best luck with the Pirelli MT66 REAR tire run in reverse rotation on front. Just use the correct size for the front. Rear tires have more rubber and are built heavier.

If you haven't done it you need to check out the Darksiders forum.

Edited by BigBoyinMS
Added info

I`ll have to agree, when I first put it on, I scared the crap out of myself...but as soon as I got the air pressure right all was well, it took some messin with the pressure to find a good spot, but now its there and I like it, I am running 37lbs solo, I should add more when 2 up and pulling a trailer, but havn`t messed with that yet. Try it out and see what you think, it may not be for every one, but I like mine. Good luck!

captainjoe, do a search for some of my posts on the Kumho that I run. My bike will never have any other tire on the back of it.

And to answer your question directly... I aim at tar snakes just to see what will happen and so far nothing has. And when I first came up on a grooved section of road I really tensed up but... nothing. Basically, it's been no negatives for me (other than some negative attitudes) but plenty of positives.

Edit: You asked about a front tire. The Darksiders tend to have the best luck with the Pirelli MT66 REAR tire run in reverse rotation on front. Just use the correct size for the front. Rear tires have more rubber and are built heavier.

If you haven't done it you need to check out the Darksiders forum.