IGNORED

Buffalo Dodges A Bullet!

bongobobny

Big snowstorm, eh?!!? In anticipation of all the media hype, all schools were closed. Well, last night we did gewt a little freezing rain, with maybe a half inch of crusty snow, but that was it! Presently it is snowing with a little wind.

The way the media presented it, it was going to be the storm of the century and we were all gonna die!!! It was hilarious listening to the news this morning before work, one station, our conservative one, saying things were nowhere as bad as expected, the other liberal stations pl;aying it up like it was a disaster out and we haven't seen anything yet!! One radio station described us as in the hole of a donut, with the bad stuff all around us but not on us!

Hey, this is Buffalo, it's winter. Deal with it!!!

Big snowstorm, eh?!!? In anticipation of all the media hype, all schools were closed. Well, last night we did gewt a little freezing rain, with maybe a half inch of crusty snow, but that was it! Presently it is snowing with a little wind.

The way the media presented it, it was going to be the storm of the century and we were all gonna die!!! It was hilarious listening to the news this morning before work, one station, our conservative one, saying things were nowhere as bad as expected, the other liberal stations pl;aying it up like it was a disaster out and we haven't seen anything yet!! One radio station described us as in the hole of a donut, with the bad stuff all around us but not on us!

They called out the national guard out down here in missouri, i am 64 and dont remember them ever doing that before and this is by far not the worse snow i have ever seen, i think the FEMA aleart got every one in a frinzy, whats FEMA got to do with the weither :backinmyday: :rotf:

You may have dodged the bullet...but Alden didn't.......ok I didn't get 18 inches but , I did get around 8 on the ground this morning........Do you remember me ever telling you that.................."I HATE SNOW".... :bang head: :fnd_(16):

They called out the national guard out down here in missouri, i am 64 and dont remember them ever doing that before and this is by far not the worse snow i have ever seen, i think the FEMA aleart got every one in a frinzy, whats FEMA got to do with the weither :backinmyday: :rotf:

Why didn't you know? Their the Federal Electromagnetic Money Annihilator, thats all they are. When they get all fired up they can create a frontal wave of Awe.:mo money::mo money::mo money::mo money::D

Not what was expected in Toronto either (20-30cm). Media loves to build the hype.

When a hurricane hit Florida a few years ago, the reporters were on the downtown Toronto streets asking passerby's how they were going to handle and prepare for the storm when it hit Toronto a few days later. The hurricane lost its steam and by the time it hit Toronto it eventually came down as a typical rain shower. :depressed:

One radio station described us as in the hole of a donut, with the bad stuff all around us but not on us!

I think it must have been a big hole. Nice amount of snow, no where near what they expected. Also came through at night which helped with the traffic, but there was more wind than snowfall.

Brad