IGNORED

no audio output--Help

Thistledown

all of a sudden , no audio output either from the speakers or the headset from any source, GPS, radio, CD intercom, anything. I have a mike mute installed have worked for many miles. I have checked all the fuses I can find. all the electronics work, it's like the amperfier isn't working,, any suggestions

Just a thought. You might have to split the fairing and look for a plug or wire that has come loose.

I had mic-mutes for a couple of years but started having problems and took it off and I don't have any more problems.

Good luck.

:snow2::snow2::snow2::snow2::snow2::snow2::snow2:

Like TJ said, open the fairing and check the "Y" spliter that was installed for your Mic-Mutes, I had one go bad, but also check all the connections and use some Di-eletric greese on them all..but I`m thinking its the Y splitter. hope you find it.

all of a sudden , no audio output either from the speakers or the headset from any source, GPS, radio, CD intercom, anything. I have a mike mute installed have worked for many miles. I have checked all the fuses I can find. all the electronics work, it's like the amperfier isn't working,, any suggestions

Took everything apart today, checked all the connections and then I removed the mic mute, still no audio, I think I have verified are no fuse or connection problems. I don't think that the amplifier is putting out. 1st question, how can I verify this ? I feel sure that the CB, CD player, tape deck radio ect are all working properly, there is no sound in either the head set of speaker,

Now maybe if i tell when this happened it will give some one a clue, I'm stumped, I have had a Sibel horn on for some time and the other day it quit working, audio still OK at this point. Removed the horn and found the + wire from the relay burned thru on a hot exhaust pipe, Taped it up and replaced the 30 Amp fuse. Not this is where the fight started. I forgot to connect the ground from the starter that goes on at the same bolt that holds the horn on. Tried to start the bike and the solenoid just clicked, with sume searching I found the problem and started the bike but the audio has never worked since.

Any more ideas, please

Ed,

While I agree with the others on some of their troubleshooting I see your bike is an '06. There have been issues with some bikes and the audio units. Is your bike still under warranty? If so I would definitely take it to a dealer and have it checked.