My Dell PC is now 11 years old and after an upgrade this past summer its finally starting to fail.....a slow death! Every 10 minutes it keeps re-booting all on its own. My daughter happened to call last week about the time this all started and asked if I wanted her 1 year old iMac.....Her husband bought her a newer one. Does a bear poop in the woods!! Long story short, they came by Tue night and swapped it out for me. Man, its great. I just have to adjust my way of thinking now a bit while I get used to this. Took all of 20 seconds for this to fire up where the old PC took at least 2 minutes. Cant believe just how fast this is. Tomorrow I go and buy a wireless router and an apple tv adapter and no more mail in dvd discs from Blockbuster!! Not too sure just how many new tricks this old dog can learn but ill give it a try.....:smile5:

Switching from Windoz to OSX is not usually a problem for most people. The folks that are heavy duty access users or work heavily with servers seem to have the most difficulties. I ventured from Windoz to linux to mac. I have been very happy with mac even with my highly technical electronic and medical processing needs. I have not had a PC for more than 8 years.

We can certainly help with any questions you may have. Spend an hour or so on apple's web site looking at their videos on using your new iMac. Enjoy!

:duck:

Guest tx2sturgis

You will learn to love the iMac...they are really good computers, but for the first couple of weeks, you may have a learning curve there.

If you have any questions just ask. And ain't it nice not to have to worry about viruses anymore?

I bought my Mac Book Pro 3 weeks ago, WHY DID I WAIT SO LONG? Sure the prices are higher, but I feel they are honestly worth it!

I also had the 27' IMac picked out and ready to bring home, the Boss had to remind me we came for laptop, not both!!!! We can dream right? (I'll have one by August!!!)

Ben

Guest tx2sturgis
Set up my Apple WiFi system today. Apple TV too. Jean now has an iTouch that works with the set-up. Im starting to like this computer!!!:smile5:

Now treat yourself to an iPad, you will love it! I'm sitting in my truck right now in Mesquite Texas waiting to get unloaded and the iPad is great for passing the time and keeping up with email and things like twitter, and the facebook if you do that too.

Now if we can just get the boss onboard...

:whistling:

Now treat yourself to an iPad, you will love it! I'm sitting in my truck right now in Mesquite Texas waiting to get unloaded and the iPad is great for passing the time and keeping up with email and things like twitter, and the facebook if you do that too.

No need to worry tx2sturgis...

I just emailed him your post ....hope it helps ..

Anything for a friend..!! :crackup:

Guest tx2sturgis

No need to worry tx2sturgis...

I just emailed him your post ....hope it helps ..

Anything for a friend..!! :crackup:

Shhh! Dangit.....