IGNORED

A Good laugh for a lot of you!

Marcarl

When Tom bought his Blackberry, he thought about the 30-year business he ran with 1800 employees, all without a cell phone that plays music, takes videos, pictures and communicates with Facebook and Twitter. He signed up under duress for Twitter and Facebook, so his seven kids, their spouses, 13 grandkids and 2 great grand kids could communicate with him in the modern way. He figured he could handle something as simple as Twitter with only 140 characters of space.

That was before one of his grandkids hooked him up for Tweeter, Tweetree, Twhirl, Twitterfon, Tweetie and Twittererific Tweetdeck, Twitpix and something that sends every message to his cell phone and every other program within the texting world.

His phone was beeping every three minutes with the details of everything except the bowel movements of the entire next generation. He was not ready to live like this. He now keeps his cell phone in the garage in his golf bag.

The kids bought him a GPS for his last birthday because they say he gets lost every now and then going over to the grocery store or library. He keeps that in a box under his tool bench with the Blue tooth [it's red] phone he is supposed to use when he drives. He wore it once and was standing in line at Barnes and Noble talking to his wife and everyone in the nearest 50 yards glaring at him. He had to take his hearing aid out to use it, and then got a little loud.

The GPS looked pretty smart on his dash board, but the lady inside that gadget was the most annoying, rudest person he'd had run into in a long time. Every 10 minutes, she would sarcastically say, "Re-calc-u-lating." You would think that she could be nicer. It was like she could barely tolerate him. She would let go with a deep sigh and then tell him to make a U-turn at the next light. Then if he made a right turn instead......Well, it was not a good relationship.

When he gets really lost now, he calls his wife and tell her the name of the cross streets and while she is starting to develop the same tone as Gypsy, the GPS lady, at least she loves him.

To be perfectly frank, he is still trying to learn how to use the cordless phones in their house. They have had them for 4 years, but he still hasn't figured out how he can lose three phones all at once and have to run around digging under chair cushions and checking bathrooms and the dirty laundry baskets when the phone rings.

The world is just getting too complex for him. They even mess him up every time he goes to the grocery store. You would think they could settle on something themselves but this sudden "Paper or Plastic?" every time he checks out just knocks him for a loop. He bought some of those cloth reusable bags to avoid looking confused, but can never remember to take them in with him.

Now he tosses it back to them. When they ask him, "Paper or Plastic?" he just says, "Doesn't matter to me. I am bi-sacksual." Then it's their turn to stare at him with a blank look. He was recently asked if he tweets. He answered, No, but I do toot a lot."

P.S. I know a few of you are not over 50. I sent it to you to allow you to forward it to those who are.

are you sure that youre not pickin on me.???? my kyds always say : dad you need text,you need ringtones, you need gps, ( heck i know how to get where i go. the store , gas station, bank, my friends house, etc.. and i sure dont need internet on my phone..) i basically go 3 places on the internet..venturerider, craigs list, and yahoo mail. my cell phone costs $42 dollars per month, and has lots more than i need..( i usually forget it at home anyway..( but i doo apprieciate the clock on my phone.. my computer has spellcheck, but i cant use it cause i dont know how.. lol..:confused24::confused24::confused24::confused24::confused24:

Guest Ken8143

All I want is a black telephone with a dial on it that lasts for decades. But No-oo-oo. Got to have one of those newer and better ones that crackle and get lost and need to be replaced every year or two.

All I want is to dial a number and answer a phone. That is all. Is that asking too much?

For what it cost me every month for everyone in the family to talk,text,watch tv,and use the computer on line,Is enough to make a payment on any top of the line,deluxe,limited edition,fully loaded touring bike.Remember when TV was free,phones where a couple bucks plus long distence,and you went to the library to look things up.How did we ever do it.:puzzled:

Guest Ken8143
For what it cost me every month for everyone in the family to talk,text,watch tv,and use the computer on line,Is enough to make a payment on any top of the line,deluxe,limited edition,fully loaded touring bike.Remember when TV was free,phones where a couple bucks plus long distence,and you went to the library to look things up.How did we ever do it.:puzzled:

Lots of things we didn't do and we weren't any worse off for it!