IGNORED

Bike to Bike

Thistledown

I have a friend who rides a BMW 1200 , he is interested in buying something ( should be a Venture) that he can use or add to his BMW so we can communicate, Would be great it there was something he could use so we could talk on the CB other than him having to install a CB on his bike. any suggestions? or is there an inexpensive CB that would work somehow

Buffalo bodnar uses a portable cb from radio shack with a headset set up. Think he paid around 70.00 for it complete..He had to order it though. Works great but he has a ptt button on the headset cord that I really dont care for, he has to remove his hand from the bike to talk...cbs you can get for 40.00 any where..........the truck stops in this area also have cbs for $39.95.....

CB is really the best most universal way to communicate, and even if just the two of you, you can use it for so much more and most clubs/groups have it, so it makes sense.

Also, although you can use any CB, and even a hand-held unit, the J&M unit makes it so much SAFER to use the CB. It is expensive, but can be taken from bike to bike, and is worth most of its value used. You may be even able to save some by buying used. We have several of them in the various clubs that I ride with and my wife has one on her bike. I highly recommend it.

Comes with a weather radio and can play music.

Again, much safer than other alternatives if you don't have CB built into the bike.

Gosh,

If he owns a BMW then expense should be the last consideration. In other words, if he wants cheap, then he has no business owning a K1200 LT. For the money, the J&M 2003 CB is about the cleanest set up on the market and I've installed a bunch of them on my friends FJR & ST1300s and they work great.

http://www.jmcorp.com/SeeProducts.asp?PF=40

Hope this helps,

Rick