IGNORED

How Not to Load your Motorcycle

Mariner Fan

I can never understand why so many people buy a motor vehicle and then want to forget that it has an engine and wheels -- that it is a motor vehicle -- and treat it as cargo on the back of another motor vehicle. JUST RIDE IT!

Sometimes you have no choice...I'm in the military and when you have to move every few years you just don't have enough drivers to take all the vehicles across country...makes more sense (though not as enjoyable) to trailer the bike...

This is also my biggest fear...so I don't trailer it unless I HAVE to...With only a 30 inch inseam I have to be careful no matter how I handle it...

:confused24:

Too steep an incline...

Find a hill or loading doc and load it.

ESPECIALLY if your backing it out.... unless you like to meet people :223:

Steep inclines and 250 lb. dirt bikes "yes"

Steep inclines and +650 lb. street bikes "NO WAY"...:backinmyday:

Voice of experience??:whistling: Yeah I usually learn after.....

Well yeah, but I 've never dropped one.

I just remember almost droppin a dirt bike baking her down a steep ramp once and the experience just kind of stuck with me!

A friend of mine had a 660 raptor that put a huge dent in the back of a pickup busting out the rear glass and damagaging the bed. He Hit the throttle at top of ramp when he leaned forward (thigh hit throttle) and it grabbed on the ramp ends and just about launched over truck.

Too worried about him for any of us to laugh then... although, we do kid him about it from time to time. :whistling:

I think his downfall was that the rear tire lost traction on the slick ramp and that was all she wrote. I would have broken at least one important bone.:starz:

Wrong ...He was scared, and as a result too cautious. . If you notice, he backed off the throttle for a second just before the ramp. He was beat before he even started. He should have just give it to her or not tried at all. When you do stuff like that there is no half way, its all or nothing.

Edited by saddlebum