IGNORED

Trigg Trike

Mel

Quote: May be an OK set up, but if I have to trike I want it to be a true three wheel configuration.

Well-l-l, I have to consider "budget constraints", can't go into debt like the nation. I always have to pay it back.

Oops! Is that political?:stirthepot:

Did anyone notice, they said the kits are TAX deductible?

tew47

I believe it's only deductible if you are disabled.I've been trying to get as much info on this kit as i can find and so fare it looks like a very good allternative to a true trike.The wheels are off set from the rear axle on the bike by about 5",this is suppose to improve handling.Makes sense to me.I really would like to talk to someone that has one.

If they would just do something about that Ugly tail piece that hangs out in the breeze, and it looks as if it would grab the ground going over a bump or leaving a drive way,,,, :confused24:

Thats an option,you can get stright fenders or the flair fender.

• 2 months later...

I installed the TRIGG TRIKE on my 2005 Venture 8 weeks ago. I am 69 years old and no longer feel confortable traveling with a loaded bike and wife on trips. We just returned from a trip from Tampa to Daytona Bike Week. This was a good test for the setup. The cost is about $4000. Delivery $450. Paint and installation $550. Unless you are very mechanically inclined, have it installed by someone with installation experience. Alignment and balancing is critical. I was fortunate to find a local guy with prior experience. He did a great job. It took me a while to learn the "dos and dont's" of driving a trike. Unless you have prior trke experience, your first ride will be a shocker. It's like learning to ride all over again.

PROS: Handles well on interstate at any speed. I now feel totally relaxed manuvering in city and tight situations, expecially with the bike loaded down with luggage, etc. It's nice to pull up to the traffic light and just sit there without putting your feet down. This was great as we crawled for 3 miles into Daytona, stop & go for half an hour. My wife feels more confortable and secure. It's more affordable than 15K for a standard conversion.

CONS: You are now driving, not riding your motorcycle.It handles like a standard 3-wheel trike except that the trike kit is not rigidly attached. When parked, one can easily sway the bike side-to-side about an 2 inches (measured at tips of handle bars). This is simply a design requirement to allow proper suspension handling,etc. As a result.. you must take "twistie" road condition, and general cornering much slower, because you can no longer lean into the corners. The bike instinctively wants to go straight. if you are going too fast for the oncoming turn, you can get in big trouble. The bike will fight you to go straight. you will learn that the bike now requires "push-pull" stearing. Also, riding on streets or highways were the pavement is is graded to the left or right (to allow water runoff, etc.) is annoying because the bike wants to follow the direction of the slope and you must counter-steer firmly to keep bike on the road. In multiple lane roads, I will ride the center lane which is usually more level.

Edited by ED BUKOVAN
Addedum: Once I learn the characteristics of the trike, I am generally pleased with it.

I installed the TRIGG TRIKE on my 2005 Venture 8 weeks ago. I am 69 years old and no longer feel confortable traveling with a loaded bike and wife on trips. We just returned from a trip from Tampa to Daytona Bike Week. This was a good test for the setup. The cost is about $4000. Delivery $450. Paint and installation $550. Unless you are very mechanically inclined, have it installed by someone with installation experience. Alignment and balancing is critical. I was fortunate to find a local guy with prior experience. He did a great job. It took me a while to learn the "dos and dont's" of driving a trike. Unless you have prior trke experience, your first ride will be a shocker. It's like learning to ride all over again.

PROS: Handles well on interstate at any speed. I now feel totally relaxed manuvering in city and tight situations, expecially with the bike loaded down with luggage, etc. It's nice to pull up to the traffic light and just sit there without putting your feet down. This was great as we crawled for 3 miles into Daytona, stop & go for half an hour. My wife feels more confortable and secure. It's more affordable than 15K for a standard conversion.

CONS: You are now driving, not riding your motorcycle.It handles like a standard 3-wheel trike except that the trike kit is not rigidly attached. When parked, one can easily sway the bike side-to-side about an 2 inches (measured at tips of handle bars). This is simply a design requirement to allow proper suspension handling,etc. As a result.. you must take "twistie" road condition, and general cornering much slower, because you can no longer lean into the corners. The bike instinctively wants to go straight. if you are going too fast for the oncoming turn, you can get in big trouble. The bike will fight you to go straight. you will learn that the bike now requires "push-pull" stearing. Also, riding on streets or highways were the pavement is is graded to the left or right (to allow water runoff, etc.) is annoying because the bike wants to follow the direction of the slope and you must counter-steer firmly to keep bike on the road. In multiple lane roads, I will ride the center lane which is usually more level.

Thanks for your input,I am going to pick up a new to me voyager kit tomarrow. I went with the voyager kit because of the price. about $2500.00 less then new.I still want to ride two wheels,but find it to be a handfull with my wife on board.I figure this would be the best of both worlds.

• 2 months later...