IGNORED

Is J&M The Cheapest for CB Setup

Aussie Annie

We are going to buy the JMCB2003B-SL to put on Alan's bike in the U.S. [so we have rider to rider contact]

Is J&M the cheapest place to get this???

I have two with no use for them since the CB died. They are for half helmets. PM me and I will give you details.

:farmer:

Since we are talking communications, I have been trying to get information on J&M headsets for the full face non-flip helmets with connection compatible with the RSV which is I think is 5 or 6 pin connection. I was looking at the JM Elite series.

My chatterbox is barely acceptable.

Rick

Since we are talking communications, I have been trying to get information on J&M headsets for the full face non-flip helmets with connection compatible with the RSV which is I think is 5 or 6 pin connection. I was looking at the JM Elite series.

My chatterbox is barely acceptable.

Rick

Been considering this set, anyone tried them?:scratchchin:

http://twowheelsound.com/inc/sdetail/1090

If I buy the JMCB2003B-SL for Alan's Venture in the states, what headset do I need ?? and, what cable ?? Need to be able to talk bike to bike, and to others in the group. Can someone help with the part #'s.

We have ED-Sets and RSV [2007] lower cables, can we use any of these?? on a 1984 Venture?:confused24:

Was going to purchase from Sierra Electronics-- but Overby's are $34 cheaper

Happy new key board and you guys are bad! She would never do that to sweet little ole me! If she decided to...they would never find my body!

Annie....the ad on cb from J+M uses a 6 pin cable. You can get what ever you want from them. I got that set up for Marilyns bike and two cables that start as 6 pin and then turn into the 5 at the headset. Those are gone now and we have edsets for the girls.

A stock venture cb.... either 1st gen or 2nd gen uses the 5 pin at the plug in. The newer headsets from J+M use a 6 or more pin at the helmet end but you can get the cord you need (example 5 pin to 6 pin) by just scrolling down and clicking which cable you need.

Sierra site has it all as a bundle now for the ad on cb which bumps or appears to bump the price up. But really it doesnt as you needed all the mounts and antenea anyway.

The ad on cb us a good system as you can plug in your I-pod or similar device and listen to tunes as you ride as well.

Personally...if it were me buying another....I would always get the dual set. To me it would be easier to sell later as it has the passenger intercom portion which is more attractive for those on the tour deluxe type model bike.

But..you know what they say about opinions.....like butts...everyone has one.....some are just stinkier than others!:hurts: