IGNORED

Rear end temperature

Hello all,

I've been a rider for a good many years now, but I'm new to the RoyalStar Family. I recently picked up a 1997 RoyalStar with only 6600 miles, so I would think that she is still fairly fresh for the most part. So, my question comes from an observation following an eighty (80) mile ride the other day. After the ride I decided to dust her off a bit, and in doing so, touched the rear differential only to discover that it was very warm. Not hot enough to cause a blister, but uncomfortable warm just the same. I did pull the filler bolt far enough to see some oil start to ooze out of the filler hole...so there is oil in there.

Question: is this a normal characteristic of a shaft drive motorcycle? All of my prior bike where of the "chain & sprocket" type.

Many thanks

Ron Malizia

:confused24:

Thank you very much.

Those were the answers I was hoping for.

And Yes, I do, truly love the bike (put 700 miles on her in just two weeks).

I’m coming off of a seven year love affair with a 89 zx10. I ended up rolling her Odometer over the 34K mark, so I tend to compare the two; but I’m adjusting well.

Again…many thanks :)

Sincerely,

Ron Malizia

I've never checked the temperature of the rear gears after a ride, so I don't know how hot they might get. I would wonder if they pick up some heat from the mufflers, too.

The only real rule we have around here is that new members have to post pics of their ride. So let's see some. :) I particularly like the '96 - '01 Royal Stars myself.

Thanks for the warm welcome...I don't know if I'll ever be able to post anything of value, but I'm sure enjoying what's out there to be read [thinking about trying the Janson Mod]

anyway...everyone, here's Trigger. Trigger...everyone. [My pics should now be out there]

later all and thanks again.

Thanks for the warm welcome...I don't know if I'll ever be able to post anything of value, but I'm sure enjoying what's out there to be read [thinking about trying the Janson Mod]

anyway...everyone, here's Trigger. Trigger...everyone. [My pics should now be out there]

later all and thanks again.

Looks Good.

I am sure you can contribute, everyone does by being here and part of the family. There may even be an answer or comment that you would like to share and even asking questions contributes.

So we hope you continue to contribute.

Brad