IGNORED

Another “Good Vendor” Shout-Out....

Blackjack

My Battery Tender went on the fritz about a year ago and I only recently got around to sending it back to the manufacturer. The unit I had came with the '83 Venture when I bought it in September 2006, so I have no idea how old it was by then.

Long story short: the unit was completely beyond warranty (it was the older version with a 5-year limit), so they called me and said “we'll just send you a new, improved one, with a 10-year warranty, for $45, including shipping”. (I am aware that there are good prices available for this unit online, but this deal still beat the lowest price I could find when you include the delivery expense.)

I said OK, they sent it, and now I have it, all within about a week. A very good deal for me + a great product + excellent/considerate Customer Service + prompt turn-around time, which all adds up to an exceptional “Good Vendor” experience!

Edited at 2:05 PM on 12/07/10:

Sorry, folks, I incorrectly thought that by mentioning "manufacturer" you would realize I was referring to the makers of the Battery Tender products.

:doh:

Deltran Corporation

801 International Speedway Blvd.,

Deland, Florida 32724

Here's a link to their website: http://batterytender.com/

Habib the Re-Charged

Edited by Blackjack

Who is the Vendor?:D

Battery Tender ...................

Sounds like a heck of a deal there Blackjack.. It's nice when all the "positives" come into play..Now you can put a good charge on that battery of yours. :whistling:

My Battery Tender went on the fritz about a year ago and I only recently got around to sending it back to the manufacturer. The unit I had came with the '83 Venture when I bought it in September 2006, so I have no idea how old it was by then.

Long story short: the unit was completely beyond warranty (it was the older version with a 5-year limit), so they called me and said “we'll just send you a new, improved one, with a 10-year warranty, for $45, including shipping”. (I am aware that there are good prices available for this unit online, but this deal still beat the lowest price I could find when you include the delivery expense.)

I said OK, they sent it, and now I have it, all within about a week. A very good deal for me + a great product + excellent/considerate Customer Service + prompt turn-around time, which all adds up to an exceptional “Good Vendor” experience!

Habib the Electrified

So Habib, are you going to share the vendor with us? lol :stickinouttounge:

Don

I'm sorry...but it just doesn't sound like a great deal to me. I have two of these. $32.99 with free shipping.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Battery-Tender-022-0150-DL-WH-Waterproof-Charger/dp/B000CITKCE/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1291751760&sr=8-4]Amazon.com: Battery Tender 022-0150-DL-WH Waterproof 800 12V Battery Charger: Automotive@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41ZUIvSniTL.@@AMEPARAM@@41ZUIvSniTL[/ame]

I will also say Battery Tender brand has been good to me. years ago between the motorcycle, three mowers and a mid size tractor, and a couple old cars, I was buying 2 or more batteries a year. bought a Battery Tender Jr. for each unit, and now, 10+ years later, I have bought maybe three batteries since. Had ONE of the units go bad, sent it to the MFGR. (it was still under warranty) and they sent me the bigger unit free. Since then zero problems with any Battery Tender brand unit, and they pretty much all are on all the time.

I'm sorry...but it just doesn't sound like a great deal to me. I have two of these. $32.99 with free shipping.

Amazon.com: Battery Tender 022-0150-DL-WH Waterproof 800 12V Battery Charger: Automotive

I apologize if the point of my post might have been misunderstood, Don.

I am indicating to all that: 1) the Battery Tender is an incredibly good product (no doubt confirmed by your acknowledgment that you own two) and 2) that even though the unit was beyond warranty, they were willing to send me a new/upgraded unit at a nominal price (which is comparable, within 25 cents, to the lowest price otherwise found online).

So, the post was not about the price I paid for the product (which was, nonetheless, as good a deal as could be found), but rather about the company providing excellent Customer Service and standing behind their product, regardless of where it may have been purchased!

Habib the Unambiguous

LOL...OK...I just don't see it quite that way but that's OK...I don't need to. Maybe I'm just being dense but as long as you are satisfied, that is all that really matters. They make several different models so I don't what kind of deal it was for you. They have several models and some are more expensive than others. I'm not knocking Deltran. As said, I own two of them and think they are great products. Also as yours was LONG out of warranty, I agree that they didn't have to replace it. The only point I was trying to make is that depending upon what model it is, if you can buy it online for the same price that they charged you, they really didn't do anything other than sell you another one.