IGNORED

Radio vs Chilly Temperature?

Panjandrum

My radio seems to dislike the cold. A couple of days ago, I could not get the radio to turn on. When I got home, I turned on the CB... ok. Then the radio...ok. Switched them all off... ok.

Today, on a rode, I was slowing for an intersection, and heard loud but garbled voices. The CB had switched itself on. I cannot turn it off, change the channel, or switch to headset. I also cannot get the radio to come on.

Is this a fair weather radio I have on my 08 Venture? Is there a quick fix? Or is this a guarantee job?

:confused24:

My radio seems to dislike the cold. A couple of days ago, I could not get the radio to turn on. When I got home, I turned on the CB... ok. Then the radio...ok. Switched them all off... ok.

Today, on a rode, I was slowing for an intersection, and heard loud but garbled voices. The CB had switched itself on. I cannot turn it off, change the channel, or switch to headset. I also cannot get the radio to come on.

Is this a fair weather radio I have on my 08 Venture? Is there a quick fix? Or is this a guarantee job?

:confused24:

Maybe water/moisture in the controll head???

Quickly get it un demonized. It might be................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ just confused. Has it been passed by a 1st gen recently. If so just keep it warm, away from any water. It will settle down and realize it will always be in 2nd.:detective::D