IGNORED

Look what I found last summer.

Herb In Texas

This is my winter project this year.

If that Lincoln welder works, it will be a great piece of equipment. If it has a six volt battery, do not let anyone jump it with twelve volts or it will be toast. Not just the starter but the whole welding unit.

:farmer:

The plan is to get back as close as original as I can on both. When I bought it neither ran, in fact it had 6 flats. I backed the trailer up to the barn door and winched her on.

now after a carb kit coil and new points style distr. the truck purrs like a kitten. Has a 390 FE in it 4 spd. granny low, and I believe 325-1 rear end. runns and drives nice.

The welder on the otherhand was a different story. I thought it had a froze up engine. no prob. continental parts are available. turns out the mud daubers had found there way into the armature. they had packed it with their leavings. cleaned it out did some work on the brushes and the "working end" ought to work. I thought. Did a carb job and plugs, cleaned about 12 pounds of parrifin out of the fuel tank. (musta been run on drip gas) Filled radiator then hit the starter button. About 4 rounds with the choke on and she hit. fired up and smoothed right out. did a little tweeking of the carb and all was well on that end. But she would not idle down. trced out the idler circuit from an i-net source and found one wire disconected at the circuit board. pluged it in and it now works. Welds like a new one and runs like a top.

I think it aint a bad rig for a couple days mechanic work on it and 400 bucks to buy it.:thumbsup:

If that Lincoln welder works, it will be a great piece of equipment. If it has a six volt battery, do not let anyone jump it with twelve volts or it will be toast. Not just the starter but the whole welding unit.

:farmer:

Its a 78 model welder so its 12 v. But funny you mention jump starting. Had a similar rig years ago and when the truck would not start the welder would. So I could jump the truck and not have to bother anyone. Used to jump other equipment too. using the welding leads you can crank just about anything. even can hook the leads of the welder thats running to the leads of one that aint and send power into the dc generator turning it into a dc motor to crank the engine on the dead one.

Possibly. A recovery vehicle not a bad idea. I had a decal made up for the truck under the trailer in the pics that reads, OFFICIAL DODGE RECOVERY VEHICLE. After an ice storm a few years back I drug 5 Dodges out of the bar ditch on my 65 mile comute one evening. You should have heard those cummins boys crying that night. Cause I be Strokin.

Possibly. A recovery vehicle not a bad idea. I had a decal made up for the truck under the trailer in the pics that reads, OFFICIAL DODGE RECOVERY VEHICLE. After an ice storm a few years back I drug 5 Dodges out of the bar ditch on my 65 mile comute one evening. You should have heard those cummins boys crying that night. Cause I be Strokin.

That just ain't right. :no-no-no: Putting down us Cummins boys because of the slicker'n pig crap Michelin tires Dodge puts on our trucks. :(

I had them on mine till someone ahead of me spit out the window one day and I lost traction. Got something with grip after that. :D

I have to be careful how hard I get in it because I am afraid I will spin the world off its axis and that would be aweful.

Just spin it enough that winter does not come to Canada for longer than a month. But you have to spin it back mid summer don't like that Southern heat.

Brad