IGNORED

New " Ariat " Boots

GeorgeS

Ok, my old HHH Wellington boots that I ride with are about worn out and leaking after about 12 years of rideing use.

So. I recently purchaced a pair of " Ariat, Ironside H20 work boots " Which basicly look like Cowboy boots.

However you can get them in Wide, and Double wide size. ( EE width ). !!!!!

I stopped in at the Cabela's store in Olympia Wa. a few months ago to check them out. They did not carry the EE width in store , so I had to mail order them. However I was very inpressed with the Insoles, and the soft leather. 1/2 sizes , and EE up to size 12.

So whats the big deal here ?? OK, if you happen to be one of those--- UN- lucky--- folks who needs EE OR EEE width Boots, you will understand how hard it is to find a comfortable " boot " that fits !!!

I normaly buy size 10 1/2 EEE shoes when I can find them. In this case I ordered size 11 EE. They arrived UPS, and wa la, they fit !!! I have been wearing them for 8 hours at a time for break in and so far, they are fantastic. Very comfortable, and flexable. Also, they have a feature to allow better entry of the heal when putting them on.

If you need a pair of boots, I highly reccomend finding a dealer, and checking out the Ariat Line of Boots.

( You can find them in Cabela's On Line store, price $179.95, not cheap, but I feel they are worth every penny !!!! )

I can honestly say that this is the first pair of " New Boots " that I put on and was able to wear and walk in comfortably the first day out of the box !! :thumbsup2:

I had a pair of 10 1/2 EEE Justins, Great boots, but not wide enough.

I tried to break them in for over a year, and never could get them to break in.

Just not wide enough for me. However, they were great quality boots.

Point is, if you need EEE width, there ain't much to choose from anymore.

Edited by GeorgeS

I had a pair of ariat boots once they were pretty good boots. I won't buy an other pair because they are made in china. I wear justin boots they are great boots and made in America.

This is a Yamaha forum. Just sayin.

Mike

:dancefool::dancefool:

I had a pair of 10 1/2 EEE Justins, Great boots, but not wide enough.

I tried to break them in for over a year, and never could get them to break in.

Just not wide enough for me. However, they were great quality boots.

Point is, if you need EEE width, there ain't much to choose from anymore.

I understand if they don't fit they don't fit. I wore redwings for years and still have a nice pair of them but they hurt my feet so I just don't wear them.

My guess is that Mike is talking about the validity of only wearing a riding boot made in the US of A versus one made in China while riding a Yamaha bike made in Japan.

:sign07:

I prefer made in America my next choice is anything not made in china. My theory is if you want your friends and neighbors to have a job buy what they make. I do ride a couple of bikes made in japan I also ride my some what made in America harley. Just sayin if you have a choice at least consider it while you still have a choice.

I understand all the concerns here. But for you folks who -- do not ---need EE , or EEE Width shoes , you just don't understand how hard it is to find something that fits !!! and are comfortable, Especially when trying to find a pair of 12 inch " BOOTS "

It ain't easy, to find boots for old feet ( mine are now close to 68 years old ) that are comfortable!! :cry:

I did buy these for Rideing!! They are very good quality leather, they look good, but they fit like work boots. I can actually walk around in them for 8 hours!!!

Also, the Heels are a bit on the high side, which might help for a few of our " Height " challanged members.

And, Cabela's had them marked down to $149.00 and they do have free shipping that I noticed in there Xmas Catalog. ( Yes , still pretty pricey, ) But my feet are happy!!!

If sombody has any other suggestions for a size, EE, or EEE width boot, I'm very happy to check them out !! :happy34:

I have two pairs of Ariats, a pair of loafers and a pair of roper style western boots. VERY comfortable, no breaking in required. Not cheap but well worth the money. Finding shoes that fit me can be "fun" as I have mismatched feet. Finding something that I can stay on my feet for 8 hours in is even more "fun". But these work for me. I'll have to check these out as I can always use a good pair of work/riding boots.

Add on

Well I checked them out. Typical MCP attitude that us girls don't need stuff like this. I can wear men's sizes but these don't go small enough. One of these days someone will figure out that us girls need work gear just as much as the guys do!

Edited by Brenda H
add in