IGNORED

Taking off today to pick up 85 Venture

Venturous Randy

Well, I wasn't planning on going this afternoon to pick up the bike because I was scheduled to close on the refinance on my home at 4pm. But, after calling Wells Fargo to verify where I was supposed to be, the lady informed me it had been changed to tomorrow and she realized she had failed to notify me. So, given that tomorrow is 60% chance of rain and Wednesday is going to be horrible traffic getting around Asheville, NC, I went home at lunch and picked up the trailer and am going to try to get it done today. For some reason, I am a little apprehensive about this. Mostly, just getting the bike loaded on the trailer, especially since it is not running. I am also going to have to find someplace to put the extra engine and maybe a whole bunch more parts if he will let them go cheap. I guess my little Maxima is going to be loaded down.

So now I am sitting here trying to function for a couple more hours until I can get out of here. I must say, it is a beautiful 70º day and maybe that is a good sign.:dancefool:

Wish me luck,

RandyA

Thanks for all the support and suggestions.

Actually it went really easy. I took off work about an hour early and when I got there they had it out and by the time I got the bar off the back of my trailer and the ramp attached, two guys were ready to roll it on. I positioned it off slightly to the right side and had room to set the 83 engine. I strapped everything down and in a few minutes was ready to roll. I did look thru their Venture parts boxes and bought two passenger floorboards, another rectifier and a dash cover for a total of $20. I am really impressed as to how complete this bike is and how good of condition all the plastic is in. Even the corners of the fairings near the mirrors are not scratched. It is a Royale and does appear to have some buttons missing on the radio pad. Not only did the one key fit everything, but even the side bags came off easily with just a turn of the key.

The 83 engine looks surprisingly clean and has not been pressure washed. Even the clearcoat on the side covers looks very good. It looks like it may really be a 30,000 mile engine as I was told. My son was waiting on me when I got home and seemed real exited about the bike and he has always been a crotch rocket kind of guy. I think he is finally growing up and his new wife has already told him she is not getting on another bike like the FZ1 he had earlier.

So, life is good and the winter projects begin. :guitarist 2:

RandyA

Sounds like you got a good one buddy. Holler if you need somebody to hand you a tool or something. I'm also good to have around the garage so I can drink beer and point and laugh if something goes wrong.:Laugh:

Yeah, you remind me of that country song "Purty good at drankin beer".

Thanks and you are welcome over anytime.

RandyA