IGNORED

Had to happen

GoldVenturing

Sorry to hear about you wiping out , but glad you came through uninjured.

I almost wiped out the same way once, only I was making a left hand turn in a intersection. My rear tire slide out from under me and the only thing that kept me from going down was some fast counter steering (which had nothing to do with skill it was just a reflex action I cannot explain), followed by some really scary wobbly's. The thing is the intersection looked fine but when I went back to look I found I hit a diesil fuel spill that was almost invisible.

• 4 weeks later...

GEICO paid off my Yamaha, with a little (less than 1K) back to me. I could not find a used RSV anywhere near me. The local dealer wanted 20K for a new one, way out my price range.

I wanted a full-dress touring bike with bells/whistles. I am 6'5, 280, so a GW was not going to work (I've tried one). I ended up buying a 2007 HD FLHTCU with 6k miles for 15K. We'll see how this plays out. With it, I got a 5-year unlimited mile warranty, let's hope I use it as often as I used the RSV warranty (never).

I'm going to stay on this board, as I have gotten some great tips and tricks from you folks.

Edited by GoldVenturing
add info