IGNORED

Need help with my computer

Crash

I let my daughter use my laptop for the last few weeks and when I got it back today it now has a one inch black bar running down both sides and I can't seem to find how to make the screen use the full width. I've tried the control panel and desk top appearence ets and it show a full screen there but doen't change it after apply and save. ANY IDEAS??:confused24:

She probably hooked it up to a regular monitor and had to change the resolution to suit that screen Although laptops & OS's nowadays should recognize which one is the "active" one...as in "dual monitors". Maybe she didn't change the right one...??

What you coulda done was taken those 2 black bars out of the monitor, drilled a hole in each end, put one over the front and over the back of the closed laptop, put padlocks through the holes - - - that'll stop her doing that again.:rotf::rotf:

I's say, she played an older Game which caused the Resolution to change.

Thereby the Programers did not set the previous Resolution back to where it was before ...

Gamer programmers think it's "their" puter and don't give a damn about anyone else using the puter for anything else.

Won't tell you how many times I've had to squint to read the laptop screen until someone showed me how to fix it. Used to happen every time I hooked up to an external monitor or screen projector. The laptop at work is smarter now; it ought to be since it's on it's 3rd motherboard and 2nd hard drive. I guess my 1st gen is just too rough on it.