IGNORED

Fairing off! What all should I do?

ken

Well I've got the fairng loose. I'm going to adjust the steering bearing, move the forks up. It's such a big job (to me anyhow) I think I'll change over to polk 401's on the speakers while it's open. Is there anything else I should do while it's open?

I'm thinking I"ll do away with the bar extenstion. I hate the way it's hits the key guard.

Well I've got the fairng loose. I'm going to adjust the steering bearing, move the forks up. It's such a big job (to me anyhow) I think I'll change over to polk 401's on the speakers while it's open. Is there anything else I should do while it's open?

I'm thinking I"ll do away with the bar extenstion. I hate the way it's hits the key guard.

unplug everything and clean and grease all the electrical. If you haven't already add a splitter to the aux jack so you can run more than one item at a time plus you can run the wire up the handle bars and you won't have to leave the tape door open to use an aux jack.

Good idea!!!!!!!! This means I could use an Ipod and not have the tape door open, right?

How should the extension be mounted?

unplug everything and clean and grease all the electrical. If you haven't already add a splitter to the aux jack so you can run more than one item at a time plus you can run the wire up the handle bars and you won't have to leave the tape door open to use an aux jack.

Good idea!!!!!!!! This means I could use an Ipod and not have the tape door open, right?

How should the extension be mounted?

Look in there by the top of the tape deck and you will see where the aux jack plugs in. Just add a splitter and plug in the original aux jack to one side and then run a patch cord out from the other one that will plug into you MP3 player or sirius radio and run it up the handle bars and wire tie it and you will have the plug there and won't need the one behind the tape door

I see you are from Defiance. My dad and brother and sisters use to live there on Kiser road west of town

Edited by Rick Haywood

Got to lookin around and noticed the PO never wired the trailer plug. He installed a hitch and wire harness. I thought it was wired but I got to looking and noticed he just ran the wires into the fairing. I don't see me ever pulling a trailer so I thing I'll pull the harness.

Got to lookin around and noticed the PO never wired the trailer plug. He installed a hitch and wire harness. I thought it was wired but I got to looking and noticed he just ran the wires into the fairing. I don't see me ever pulling a trailer so I thing I'll pull the harness.

Well the trailer wiring harness should have never been run up to the fairing in the first place. It wires in either under the seat or some wire it in behind the tail light. But if you get a trailer with the single set of tail brake and turn on each side you will need the converter for the turn signals so they will blink wjen you apply the brakes anyway.

Folks

I find the headlight on my venture to be pretty good already, does the HID bulb really make a big difference?

I had the dealer install them in my jeep wrangler and other than the light being a slightly blueish color I don't see any improvement in how well they light up the road.

If you do not use the tape player you may consider removing it and thus using the space for storage (mp3 player, phone, etc.) there is a link on venturers.org for this. The extra space really comes in handy. You can run your aux. cable through the side of the case and plug in the player, phone, gps, or whatever.

Well it's back together. Lot of good ideas here of things to do. This time I adjusted the steering head, moved to forks up 1" and installed my garage door opener. I was too excited to see how it would handle with the front end lowered so I put her back toghter and went for a spin. WOW what a difference. I know other have said it " It feels like a different bike" and it does. Low speed handeling is a lot easier and tighter. Can U turn the beast now on a two lane road!! Easier to push backwards too. When I took her out I was concerned about the possibilty of a high spped wobble. I went up to 100 mph:D and no problems. Now once It gets to cold to ride I'll go back in and do all the other stuff.