IGNORED

Well Phoooee!

dmoff1698

After 10 years and 135K mostly trouble free miles on my RSV I finally decided to replace her a few weeks ago with an 08 Wing.

There were a few things that I wanted to do to the RSV before I put it up for sale. The CB hasn't worked right for years and the cruise control seemed "weak" but I never used them anyway, so wasn't to concerned at the time and let it go. Thought I had better see if I could get them working better for the next owner.:mo money:

Short story is that three weeks ago I put the bike in my shop and started tinkering with it, getting things cleaned and fixed up. Changed oil, plugs, etc. Went down there this morning to do a couple things (getting out of the house mostly) and guess what...the rear shock has puked all over the floor!!! Just setting there!

:bang head:

I guess this is revenge from the old girl for replacing her with a newer model. Had a wife like that once.

Anyone interested in a great running 99 RSV that still needs work, pretty cheap?

Just last week I posted on a thread about how my 02 RSMV with 132,000 miles has never had a problem with the monoshock, whine or chirp. One member replied that I just blew it and problems would be coming now. So I am always looking for oil spots. I am sorry for your problem but it could have been worse...it could have happened to me!!!

:farmer:

After 10 years and 135K mostly trouble free miles on my RSV I finally decided to replace her a few weeks ago with an 08 Wing.

There were a few things that I wanted to do to the RSV before I put it up for sale. The CB hasn't worked right for years and the cruise control seemed "weak" but I never used them anyway, so wasn't to concerned at the time and let it go. Thought I had better see if I could get them working better for the next owner.:mo money:

Short story is that three weeks ago I put the bike in my shop and started tinkering with it, getting things cleaned and fixed up. Changed oil, plugs, etc. Went down there this morning to do a couple things (getting out of the house mostly) and guess what...the rear shock has puked all over the floor!!! Just setting there!

:bang head:

I guess this is revenge from the old girl for replacing her with a newer model. Had a wife like that once.

Anyone interested in a great running 99 RSV that still needs work, pretty cheap?

What do you call cheap?

Naw but I know a sucker that may be interested if its cheap enough.

Heck, I think I know the guy...:think:

I bought a harley so I would have a scooter to replace parts on.:rasberry:

I am surprised you didn't say you bought a GW to replace parts on...:whistling:

Naw but I know a sucker that may be interested if its cheap enough.

Heck, I think I know the guy...:think:

I bought a harley so I would have a scooter to replace parts on.:rasberry:

I am surprised you didn't say you bought a GW to replace parts on...:whistling:

Tupperware is for storing food not riding.:stirthepot:

How cheap? I might be able to afford small cheap.

This just happened today and I haven't decided which way I want to go.

My origonal idea was to find someone with a smaller bike in comparable condition who would like to trade. Was thinking of something in the 750-1000 cc range. Save the wing for 2-up and trips.

If I could find a good shock, and replace mine, I was thinking the bike would probably bring around $3300-$3500. As it sets, I would take $2800. That's as is.

Less than that and I might just keep it for a spare and ride it to work.