IGNORED

greenboat led's...no fit

jlh3rd

rlyons

i ordered the greenboat led driving lights....and they don't fit...they are too small for my housings....i measured them and they are 4 1/4 in. diameter......the stock ones are 4 1/2....so how did you get them to fit.......they say par 36........

no

i ordered from this site and from the original link....as you've posted... and they are 12v-15v par36.......led......now, i have the housings for the strat ( i think that's the model) that you mount on our ventures.....but those are par 36 housings......the problem is that these led's are 4 1/4...not 4 1/2.....so i don't see how ya'll made 'em fit...or , you know, why mine are 4 1/4.......

no

i ordered from this site and from the original link....as you've posted... and they are 12v-15v par36.......led......now, i have the housings for the strat ( i think that's the model) that you mount on our ventures.....but those are par 36 housings......the problem is that these led's are 4 1/4...not 4 1/2.....so i don't see how ya'll made 'em fit...or , you know, why mine are 4 1/4.......

Cant answer that. Thats the same part # I used and they fit perfectly. What is yours doing? Is it rattling around in the light housing?

I would call Greenboat stuff and talk to Angie to see if there is any difference. Ill pull mine off maybe tomorrow and measure it across to see the size.

ok.... mystery solved

the stratoliner lenses are 4 3/4 inches.....so the light housing ring inside diameter is 4 3/4 ......the led's ARE 4 1/2, not 4 1/4.........so.....all i know to try is some peel and stick insulation to try and snug the light up......

ok.... mystery solved

the stratoliner lenses are 4 3/4 inches.....so the light housing ring inside diameter is 4 3/4 ......the led's ARE 4 1/2, not 4 1/4.........so.....all i know to try is some peel and stick insulation to try and snug the light up......

Hmmmm, sounds like a good beating is in order........:buttkick::starz:

:rasberry:

ok.... mystery solved

I think you'd be better off just getting rid of those lamps and going with something else.

You are welcome to PM me for my address :stickpoke::witch_brew:

nope....gonna use 'em ....already have one mounted by using closed cell stick on roll insulation around the light....

Well you are just no fun. :rasberry:

Really though, based on your last post, I had assumed that you had a plan or had it figured out and done.

Glad you got it to work :happy65:

mine are yamaha....they're for the strat..but, like others on here , i've put them on my venture.....every par 36 bulb i've ever ordered has fit just fine........these do not...

The passing light hoursing and bar for a strat are not the same as the passing lamp housing for the venture. But I do like the passing light for the strat.

sleeperhawk..

i bet it seems some of my posts are contradictory.....the par 36 lights i tried were always for the venture housings.....when i switched to the strat...i "assumed" they were par 36 size....i just changed the bulbs........so when i got these leds...i was just thinking par 36....didn't fit...saw they were smaller than the strats lights....so, just assumed they were 4 1/4.............anyway, i found a solution..........and you can't tell, and it's a very snug fit....

The passing light hoursing and bar for a strat are not the same as the passing lamp housing for the venture. But I do like the passing light for the strat.

Promise not to leave you honey at a gas station during the coming year.

george,

you gotta stop bringing this up:crackup::crackup: