IGNORED

First gen antena

smegsjr

I am looking for a replacement antenna for my 1985 Ventureproject bike. Does anyone know of a direct replacement or do I need to make an adapter for the mount to accept standard radio antennas. Will such a set up work

Michael Smegielski

Waterbury, CT

I am looking for a replacement antenna for my 1985 Ventureproject bike. Does anyone know of a direct replacement or do I need to make an adapter for the mount to accept standard radio antennas. Will such a set up work

Michael Smegielski

Waterbury, CT

Occasionaly antennas show up on Ebay, but generally go for high dollars. Some of the members use a FireStick replacement. If I ever need to replace mine I'll go that route. I think there's a couple of write ups in the tech section...

Mine is an 83 that does not have a CB so only has one mast. The one that came on the bike was a long whip antenna. I lost it one night so I put on a car antenna which is much shorter and the reception has really suffered because of it. The long whip picked up stations both farther away and with more clarity. I really miss the original.

Dick

I took mine off of my '83. I think my bike was a Royale at one time, but it is missing all the extras now. There are a lot of cut wires on my bike, including the antenna line. If you really want the antenna (has the CB "thingie" in the middle), I can snap a few pics of it and send it off, cost of shipping. I also pulled the box that must combine the CB and radio, I'm not using it as I don't have a CB. I think some wires are cut, tho. I'm not planning on using them, so might as well pass them on to others that need them if they want them.

-Andrew

I took mine off of my '83. I think my bike was a Royale at one time, but it is missing all the extras now. There are a lot of cut wires on my bike, including the antenna line. If you really want the antenna (has the CB "thingie" in the middle), I can snap a few pics of it and send it off, cost of shipping. I also pulled the box that must combine the CB and radio, I'm not using it as I don't have a CB. I think some wires are cut, tho. I'm not planning on using them, so might as well pass them on to others that need them if they want them.

-Andrew

Since he asked first Ill wait, but if he dont want it Ill pay you for the shipping. The antenna broke just above the cb adjustment part on my 91.

David