IGNORED

Great Service

hunter 1500

I plan on going to the darkside next summer. I ordered an extra wheel so that if I didn't like it I could just change back with no problem. I like having a spare rear wheel anyway. I ordered it from http://www.pinwallcycle.com/ and received it yesterday. The wheel was is great shape for a used wheel and it only took four days for delivery. I paid $89 plus 33 shipping and the tire on the wheel looks brand new. It's a dunlop 404 so I'm not sure if I will run it or sell it. I heard the 404 is not that good of a tire for our bike.

Anyway if your looking for used parts they are a very good source.

there are a lot of opinions on the D404. I had a set on our 04 RSV when we bought it. they rode fine. not as nice as the DE3 I have on the rear now, but i still have the D404 on the front with plenty of tread. I will go E3 up front when the time comes, but I don't have any "real" complaints on the 404.

Yes I have the e3 on the back now but at $175 a pop I'm ready to go darkside. Just got to find a place to mount the tire. :puzzled:

175 ??? either i bought before price hikes or was lucky. i paid 125 with shippin included. I hope they don't stay that hi as i will have to look for something less expensive. I see your point.

Dunlop uses one of it's softest rubber compounds in the construction of the D404. So when you ride a motorcycle with a set of these tires on it you could actually get the smoothest ride you may ever experience on that bike. Unfortunately, with the soft rubber compound comes LOW mileage. If this tire was on an HD that was only ridden a few thousand miles a year, it would not be much of a problem, but with many RSV's being ridden tens of thousands of miles a year, The D404 could become pretty expensive to replace more than once. From a safety standpoint, there aren't any major issues that I am aware of, other than these tires seem to go bald in the middle of a long trip, usually on a Sunday, in the rain!:rotfl::crackup::rotf:I would not be afraid to run a D404 with good tread but I would keep a close eye on it, as it seems to wear really quickly thru the last 1/3 of the tread. For the $120.00 you spent on rim and tire, sounds like you got a good deal there. After all, it could have been a "Brickstone" on that rim just as easily.:thumbsup2:

Earl