IGNORED

CB Help Needed

Went for a ride this morning and my CB will not turn on. Radio worked fine. CB has been working fine until this morning. Tried a search on here, but the words CB and on are too short to use as keywords...:-)

I did recently have the seat off to install an Ultimate backrest. I'm not sure where the CB is, but there are wires that run along the top of the rear fender under the seat. Did I mess something up with them?

Open for ideas on what to start checking.

Scott....

Most likely you dislodged something when you did the seat.. the CB antenna wire runs under there as well as the AM/FM. You might have tweaked bent torqued or annoyed the cable.. Remove seat, have a look.. It's happened to me before.. erk

You said the radio works fine, is that at a stand still or while moving? While riding down the road try swapping from radio to other functions and see if everything else is working correctly. could be another case of the dreaded connection problem. :Bunny2:

Under the rear seat are two plugs looking like your helmet plug in. One of those might have come apart under the rear seat. Not sure but I think one is for the radio and one is for the Cb. Both units are under your trunk in the back so I would look here first.

Hope this helps

Bikenut:fingers-crossed-emo