IGNORED

Lone star rally 2010

Santa Hal

LONE STAR RALLY NOVEMBER 6TH RIDE,

Who wants to ride? We can all meet at my place. I'm in Katy and close to I-10. I know a back way down 99. We are open for suggestions on the time to leave. I was thinking about after we eat breakfast. The place I want to go to for breakfast is open at 9:00 am.

Send me your thoughts on what time we want to meet and go.

Thanks,

Hal :thumbsup2:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Owen, thats our plan also, probably head home around 1500-1600, that place gets crazy after dark, plus I45 is a good place to get ran over. We can all meet up and ride down together if ya`ll want too.

K

Margaret and I are going down early saturday morning and then get the heck out of dodge after lunch...

Owen, thats our plan also, probably head home around 1500-1600, that place gets crazy after dark, plus I45 is a good place to get ran over. We can all meet up and ride down together if ya`ll want too.

K

sounds like a plan... breakfast on the island...

I WANT TO GO!! BUT! the Wee Beastie is still being a problem. First thought it was bad gas, then bad battery, then blocked fuel filter. Replaced all of the above and still can't get it running!! May end up having to wait until next MD to get the darn thing fixed! Will probably end up caging it to Galveston, not my idea of fun!

Breakfast on the island wouold be great. last year several of us went and we ate at a Mexican Restraunt that had a pretty good menu. I believe either Dave or Perry picked it out. How about it guys. What was the name. Anyone game? I'm going if only to get some good seafood down there. I will likely head back by about 5pm too.

James

Breakfast on the island wouold be great. last year several of us went and we ate at a Mexican Restraunt that had a pretty good menu. I believe either Dave or Perry picked it out. How about it guys. What was the name. Anyone game? I'm going if only to get some good seafood down there. I will likely head back by about 5pm too.

James

We went to the Original Mexican Cafe, which is conveniently on the "far side" of the Strand.

The Original Mexican Cafe

1401 Market St.

Galveston, TX 77550

Phone: (409)762-6001

N29.30809 W94.78352

I've gone there a couple years in a row now, because that side of the Strand doesn't fill up as fast and parking is more ample.

Dave

Ok lets all get together and meet along 45 south near BayArea Blvd.. We can all meet there about 9am and then ride together to breakfast before hitting the strand for the festivities. There is a Mall at this exit and I say we just exit at BA blvd and meet int he parking lot of the center. I believe there is a Hooters and a few other restraunts on the outer parts of the shopping center by the freeway. If we meet there and leave there about 9:15 am, we could still get into Galveston with no problem for a good Breakfast. and get good parking I will GPS the Mexican restraunt so we can get there with no issues. Besides, Dave and Perry already know it well I beleive.

How about it?

Is everyone gam? We could see a liot of the stuff on the strand and still be out of Galveston before late in the Day. First Beer on the strand is on me!

Have a great day everyone.

I am not riding down 45 to go to Galveston. So I guess I will catch up with you guys later. I am going down 99 then go the back way through Alvin and then Hwy 6 on into 45. I will be eating breakfast over here in Katy. Anyone that wants to ride with me I will give them directions. Will be on the way by 9:00 am. Otherwise see you all there.

Hal

Brenda, When can we come look at it? It's probaly something minor. I could bring it home with me and we (Squid, Doodle, Monkey Boy and I) can have time to really tear it apart (I mean propperly diagnose it!).

GREAT,, People named Squid,Doodle,Ponch and Monkey Boy working on your bike....:doh: :whistling: :rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

I am not riding down 45 to go to Galveston. So I guess I will catch up with you guys later. I am going down 99 then go the back way through Alvin and then Hwy 6 on into 45. I will be eating breakfast over here in Katy. Anyone that wants to ride with me I will give them directions. Will be on the way by 9:00 am. Otherwise see you all there.

Hal

we`ll be at your house around 0700 or so, I`m not crazy about 45 myself...

HOW DID I MISS THIS POST??:confused07::confused07::confused07:

ANY TIME!! I work graveyard shift Mon.-Fri. and am off on weekends at the moment. I'm usually still up in the weekday mornings [all day on Monday], sleep in the afternoon, and get up around 6:30 pm to do evening chores [16 head of horses!!] so any time that fits in with that is ok by me!! Minor it probably is but I'm no mechanic! If you want to have a go at it here, I can probably scrounge up enough tools to take care of things. Hubby has quite a selection, providing of course that he can find all of it!!

You will get to see why I refer to my place as the "Junkyard Jungle". If we ever get this place cleaned up [and the Johnson grass knocked down!!], I plan on hosting a M-D. The hubby cooks a mean burger and I might even spring for some BlueBell since this is BB's home turf! As ever, all help gratefully appreciated!!

Brenda, When can we come look at it? It's probaly something minor. I could bring it home with me and we (Squid, Doodle, Monkey Boy and I) can have time to really tear it apart (I mean propperly diagnose it!).