IGNORED

Moto-lights on front brake caliper

I have Moto Lights on my Venture. I also had the same lights on my previous bike a 2006 Nomad and on the bike before the Nomad a 2003 Roadstar. What I'm saying "the same lights" These lights are guaranteed for life... They are awesome lights. After trading bikes I take the lights I have taken off my old bike to Sturgis or Daytona Bike week and at the Moto Light tent they install them on my new ride. The original cost of the lights was $500. They charge me about $75 to reinstall. In the long run, not bad.

I am curious. Is the point to draw attention to your bike, or illuminate the road?

Dave

I have a pair of LED highway lights, only a 4W draw (I hear they are soon to come out with a 6W version).. These WILL illuminate the road in front of you, but nothing like a typical highway light does. However, what they DO is put a brilliantly bright light to whom ever is looking at them from a 180 angle.

I have mine mounted low on the engine guard by the floorboards, and basically what they do, apart from illuminating the front of the bike in the dark is make my bike a lot more noticeable with a wider light 'footprint'.. Its a bigger blob of light coming at you.. Instead of just a headlight and perhaps highway lights, now you're looking at a huge triangle of lights.. a heck of a lot more noticeable.. thereby safer but not immune to stupid drivers.. or birds.

Anything to make your bike more noticeable..