IGNORED

Trailer tire pressures......

stvmaier

I run 20 psi on my piggy xl (12" tires) and looked like new after 20,000 miles. Rode like it was not back there. Then one of the "torflex" type axles gave out, and ate up both tires on the 250 mile ride home.

Goose, did you notice you answered you own question? The skinny bushtec tires last because they are also large diameter. They actually burn off the same amount (by weight) of rubber

Ok.... so I towed the trailer on a small trip... 260 miles each way.. to visit a cousin and see how it towed. I left home with 15psi in the tires.. I had to refill with fuel at only 110 miles on a full tank!! Thought maybe I hadn't filled as much as usuall so THIS time filled 'er ALL the way up..... 1 bar on the guage at 105 miles. UUUGH!!! Was very dissapointed. Trailer towed great though... nice and smooth. THEN, on the way home, I put 35 psi in the trailer tires........ 157 miles on a tankful with 1 bar left on the guage. Made it home on that tank with 1/3 of a tank still left..... I think I'll leave 'em at 35. Still towed great. hit the bumps a "little" harder.... but not bad. Thanks again for all your input. Thought you mike like to hear my findings.......

Brad, I've been looking for an excuse to return to Texas for a visit! Besides my mom has been on my case about visiting her for the last several years or so. She lives in the Hill Country west of Austin. I'd love seeing the A&M campus again. Tentative trip plan is Spring Break next semester so I can bring my daughter, her granddaughter, along! So, if you are so inclined, we could stop by and look over the trailer.

Ray,

Absolutely! my # is in my profile when you get this way just let me know and we'll give it a good once over :thumbsup2: